Nilgiris Super Market.
1.5

Nilgiris Super Market. Complaints & Reviews

Dear sir, I am a regular customer of your esteemed Company. Even the bill I am making a complaint against is a purchase of Rs.1806.00. I purchased Origami So Soft Pre 3 Ply Tissue Roll 200 g for Rs.65.00. The amount is very negligible, but the treatment met by the Managing Director was very harsh. He sat in the Air Condition room reading news paper, never offered me a seat nor was he courteous. He had a muslim name if I am correct. He bluntly refused to exchange it even though I told him it was a non perishable article and I bought it for a foreign guest and the same is not useful for me. There was no board regarding the refund or exchange policy of the company. Request to take action/advise for better customer service and instruct the company to exchange the same for any other article. The amount may be small but it a matter of principle I request you to kindly instruct the I attach the bill copy Babu Prasad email: [protected]@gmail.com Mob:[protected]
Dear Mr. Babu,

This is Priya from Future Group. Please be informed that your concern has been raised with the concerned team. They shall get in touch with you soon and sort this out. For any further queries, please write to me at [protected]@futuregroup.in

Priya

I am writing on this forum to complaint against Nilgiris Supermarket at the below address 249, Kaliamman Koil Street, Natesan Nagar, Virugambakkam, Chennai - 600092, TN, INDIA My details: Ganesh Narayanan Virugambakkam, [protected] [protected]@yahoo.com I purchased a pack of Ovaltine and few other things today(2/10/2014) at Nilgiris store at Natesan Nagar, Virugambakkam, Chennai -92 around 8 PM IST. There are alarming concerns with regards to the price offered. - There is no rate MRP mentioned in the actual pack - Someone written 350(merely visible) using a pen or marker over the pack (without any retail symbol, or Nilgiris label or even a underreferenced Bar code. It was just merely written as 350 and it was not even completely visible. Please refer to the attached photo proof of the same) - Bar code reads two different prices, 275 and 325. However they did not select any of those and asked me to pay 350 which is nowhere else seen authentically. Had questioned this to the person but the person there answered me rudely and irresponsibly. Statements were made like " i am not responsible as it is a central repository", "this is a imported product and hence whatever we say is the price", " If you wish to purchase, you can or else, we dont care. But we cant do anything about it" by the person who was handling this issue in the counter. As a long customer of Nilgiris, i did not expect this kind of worst responses and handling customer queries. Finally they billed me 350 which was not mentioned anywhere other than a vaguely visible marker. I made the payment in purpose so that i can highlight this to the consumer forum to get some actions. I dont want to ignore this and go away as the people will never come to know of such malpractices which are happening in the store. Couple of issues which i want to highlight. 1. How can a retail chain write something at the back of the product using a pen, and expect customers to pay that amount? Adding to that this is entered manually by the person in the counter and it was a override. 2. The bar code which was against this product showed 2 prices in the screen. One is 275 and another is 325. How can a barcode read two different prices with almost 50 bucks difference? Inspite of this, Nilgiris made me to Pay 350 (75 more than first bar code price and 25 more than the second bar code price) 3. When questioned, the people there in the counter was not able to resolve the query where they were talking very rude and irresponsible to me. Not able to provide a solution or even the trust that someone will look in to this issue and get back!! 4. Is this a correct practice first of all legally? How will i even know whether 350 is the correct price? Why shouldnt i sue this retail chain for giving me such a bad illegal customer experience? Nilgiris has lost my trust today and i will not recommend nilgiris to anyone. This is not the first time something like this is happening and i am writing this down to you with heavy anger and disappointment. The people there didnt even make an attempt to help or respect customer values. I would like the forum to take this issue very seriously and teach these guys a proper lesson on what is customer service. I would also want the Nilgiris as a entity to compensate me properly for the mental agony and loss of productive time on argument. Attachements: 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg - Photos of the pack and proof o[censored]navailability of price anywhere in the sheet 5.jpg - Photo proof of how it is written and what it reads 6.jpg - Copy of the bill 7.jpg - Proof of payment with date and time Please help me legally to teach these guys a proper lesson on what are the things which customers dont tolerate. I am banking huge on this forum to get me justice. Thanks a lot. Feel free to contact me on the phone number and email address given below. Yours sincerely Ganesh Narayanan Virugambakkam, [protected] [protected]@yahoo.com

I regularly go to the Nilgiris Supermarket located in Santhome (Foreshore Estate, Chennai). When i went there on 19/11/2013, I got a packet of samosas . On returning home, I noticed that the manufacturing date printed on the packet was tampered with. Clearly, "17 November" was changed to "19 November" with a pen. And the expiry date mentioned was only one day, which means that an already expired product was intentionally tampered with and sold to cheat customers without an iota of care for our health and well being. This cost Rs.20 and if they are doing this for something as meager as that, then we can imagine how they would cheat us for more expensive items. I immediately wrote a complaint in the feedback form in their website but till now there has been no reply! This is also not a one time incident. My friend also has a bad experience when she got some spoilt cakes from the same shop a few months back!

Nilgiris Super Market. Recent Comments