Olympus
3.6

Olympus Complaints & Reviews

Sir, I have purchased Olympus digital camera VR-350 from Croma, sarjapur total mall, bangalore after using it hardly for 3 times it started giving me hell lot of problems like battery is not getting charged and immediately shutting down while using.Hence given the camera for repair in Croma as they provided 2 years of warranty and Croma guys were checked it for any physical damage. After confirming that there is no physical damage by Croma guys they took it for repair. After two weeks Croma guys were claiming that some physical damage was happened inside camera and asking me to pay 3500rs to repair.I was shocked by hearing that as the camera cost itself is 4, 990rs and now after 2 months of purchasing they are asking me to pay another 3500 for repair. Sir please help me regarding this.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This will help us greatly to improve our service standards for you.

We would like to get in touch with you. Request you to share with us your contact details (phone number or registered e-mail id) to allow us to get back to you.

Complete satisfaction of our customers is most important to us and it is our constant endeavor to ensure the same.

Sincerely,

Team Croma

My name is Rakesh. Please help me.
Mob: [protected]
Email: rakesh07.[protected]@gmail.com
Hi, here I am giving few more details for your reference.

GAN no: BAN140514WS00003
Product Id: 172157
Product Description: Olympus Digicam 16 MP VR350 B/S
Given date for repair: 14.05.2014
Warranty Details: 1 YEAR
Date of Purchase : 06.03.2014
MEP No: 232981
Serial No: UNQ005985

While purchasing I was told by CROMA guys that for any repairs and issues I just need to contact CROMA. Within 2 months Camera started behaving weird. After approaching CROMA, they refused to take it for repair and they were telling that it was not their responsibility and asking me to take the camera to Olympus service center. After 1 hr of hot discussion with CROMA guys finally they agreed that no physical damage happened to camera and they send the camera to Olympus. Now they are keep on calling and asking me to pay 3500/- for repair or take the camera back.
Dear Customer,

We have escalated this issue to the concerned team and we will get back with the closure soon.

Sincerely,

Team Croma
Hello Cromaretail,

What's happening up there? Is it really escalated?
I am keep on receiving call from CROMA guys and they are asking me to take the camera back. It seems CROMA gave up on this.
It was the most bothering and irritating thing for me these days.

Please do let me know your next action on this.
Hello Croma,
Please dont make costumers fools. If my issue is really escalated, i wud hv been received some response from olympus.
PLEASE STOP SELLING ALL JUNK PRODUCTS AND MAKING COSTUMERS FOOLS.
This CromaRetailer who is giving responses to these complaints in this forum SUCKS.
Hello Croma,
Please don't sell all junk products and stop making costumers fools.
If you don't provide better servicing then please shut all your...croma showrooms.

respected mam/sir, i purched olympus camera VG 140 from 'PREM ELECTORONICS NEAR FIR STATION, MANGAL BAZAR BARODRA", last year june 2013.after two month of purchesing camera stop functioning, i given for reparing. it repaird in 23 days. after 2 and half month again it creat problem, AGAIN i gave for repairing. after one and 1/2 month i got my camera. now 3 month back it againg stop functioning i dicussed about it with the shop keeper he told that the are help less because it is the only model wich creats problem i requested them they have to talk with the campony if this pice is falty then they have to replace it other wise the will give another higher range camera i will pay rest of the exta amount. they told that they will talk and with in two week they would inform me. but stil from last 40 days i am waiting for their response four time i remind about it they said ok twomrrow the will inform me about it but nothing heppend. Mam/ sir your copany is brand company because of it i purched my first digital camera form it. sir please see this issue sensebaly and hendle it thanking you yours Amit singh bhatia e-mail: [protected]@rediffmail.com ph: [protected]
    Olympus customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

i had been bought an olympus fe20 digital camera on 10 th april 2009 from galaxy digital imaging calicut.i use this oppurtunity about the very old &famous olympus camera is very handy &useful to me.but alas during the month of january 2012,the camera was not working &it was unable to picturise some memorable occation .while we contact the authorised dealer,they informed me that the camera has some lens problems&its repair will cause around Rs.2500.&at the sametime the authorised dealer informed me if we will back the camera to them they will give us a new olympus camera with the cost of Rs.3000.It is pitty to inform that camera that costs Rs.6500 is replacing after 3 yrs with the cost of Rs.3000.
      Aug 13, 2020

OLYMPUS — UNUSABLE PRODUCT

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

I bought this camera from www.indiaplaza.in vide M/S N R Infotech, SHOP NO. 2, CHIPLUNKER BLDG., TARA TEMPLE LANE, LAMINGTON ROAD, MUMBAI - 400007, MAHARASTRA on the 13th August 2008. This product was found defective by the end of next week. On asking for resolution I was asked to courier the camera to Mumbai. I have seen numerous complaints against this product on the net.

Request for resoluiton ASAP.

Sourav

OLYMPUS — data problems

I have purchased a Olympus digital camera on dt. 09.04.2012 through Home Shop18. But after few days it screen showing POWER OFF or FORMAT at the time of power on. Please inform me immediately, how solve this problem.

Praveen Gupta
      The issue is with the SD Card. I had the same issue, same brand. Format the SDCard (full format) on a PC - should solve the issue.

HELLO
        we have purchased an Olympus digital camera model4010 from their stall in bandra-kurla exhibition prior to diwali,
        we got a great deal on the camera ,while the actual price is Rs 10999 we bought it for 3999 thinking that it is exhibition offer ...soon after reaching home we tried to recharge the empty battery when we noticed that every few minute the charger's light go off and stop working ,we called the service center in worli where they told us to bring in the camera for checking and we did so.though they admitted that the battery is defective they said the warranty will not cover the battery exchange and we have to buy it for Rs1800...after going throught warranty card we noticed that it's mentioned the battery will not have warranty from SECOUND YEAR onwards...yet they r refusing to replace the battery ,more over at the time of sale they did not mentioned this model camera is out of production and that is the reason for selling it at a throw price.
        kindly let us know can we take our complain anywhere with them?
        shouldn't they replace the battery of a new camera as a part of their service?
        what about their own warranty card mention of second year onwards?
        i have purchased a olympus digital camera T-10 from home shop 18, which is in disorder just after six months, from where and how can i get it repaired

Dear All,

Myself is Dr.Luqman Khan and working in MAMC associated Lok Nayak Hospital,I have given my Digital Camera FE-26(Blue)S.No.U65A12467 to repair for complaints in Lines on LCD but working properly.I have the original purchasing Bill but not having the Warranty Cards.I submitted on 13.1.11 to the authorized service centre (Vision Distribution Pvt.Ltd.H-47,Bali Nagar,New Delhi) .My Camera handed over to Ms.Richa([protected])Job No. 1275.She told me at the time of submission that if the company accept without warrenty card we will repair free of cost othervise charges applicable, and i agrred to this.i have called more thane 100 times to Ms. Richa regarding my Camera is repaired or not and she did't give satisfactory answer to me. again i call and she told me that your Camera has been sent to another repairing centre in Ahmadabad(JSK Marketing Pvt.Ltd.Cont. no.[protected]/[protected](Mr.Nipun) Delivery challan No.1121. After some time i call to Mr.Nipuin Ahmadabad for progress of my camera report and he told me that your Camra's LCD to be changed and expense is Rs.2300.then I have inform to Mr. Nipun please send my Camera to Delhi at my office address. I have received my camera on 10.03.11 via Bluedart courier. I have seen my Camera that is brought broken at my address. I call to Mr.Nipun on same day and he told me that i will talk to tomorrow. I have take to Mr. Nipun regarding my Broken LCD of camera and he told me that i received your camera from Vision Distribution Pvt.Ltd.H-47,Bali Nagar,New Delhi already broken. Kindly request for repair my camera as soon as possible and mental harassments charges should be applicable

Best Regards,

Dr.Luqman Khan
          Mb.[protected],
          F-63,West Jawahar Park,Gali No.07
          Laxmi Nagar,
          New Delhi-110092

I have FE-47 olympus camera... n i m not at all happy with the performance... battery is discharged with in 20-25 min. It hardly affords 10 click or less. bought in mid of dec. 2010.
            Yes, I agree with you because i am also the victim of same product. Olympus FE-47.
            One more problem with this camera is its clearity. Its not up to any other brands 14 Mega Pixel cameras. If we zoom in the pics taken by it, the picture becomes dull compared to otherbrands camera.

Did you get any solution for this problem?
            If yes then please inform me. My email id is " [protected]@yahoo.co.in ".

Manish Patel.
            Yes, I am also suffering from the same problem. I have a olympus T-10 and its battery support is only for 10 clicks. contack No of customer care is not working properly. what should we do i don't understand. May I go to consumer court.
            I buy the Olympus Digital Camera but after two month battery was not working properly, even i used new batterly but it shows low battery endicator

Amol -[protected]

Dear Sir / madam,
              I have a Olympus digital camera (Model No M 720 SW) and the serial No is A 95523071. Since the lens was not working and the camera was not getting switched on, I had given the camera to M/S JSK Marketing Pvt Ltd, Nandanam, Chennai on 16 Feb 10 and the same was acknowledged vide receipt No 141. Tlll date the camera has not been repaired and the response from the vendor is also unsatisfactory.
              Aug 13, 2020

I bought an Olympus FE-46 digital camera from TATA Croma Show room, Ahmedabad. but its lence is not working properly. it does not focus well. every time i take a picture, some whitish spots appear in the image whether it is night or day time.
                My Sony erricson 3MP camera can take better than this 12MP Olympus FE-46.
                I would never recommend anyone to buy ANY Olympus product.
                i agree, we had a battery problem with our Olympus camera (FE series)from the they we purchased it, our fight is still going back and fort with the sevice center who refuses to replace the battery, it's a 12 mega pixel camera that is always blury and out of focus and even the flash light is so weak, bearly can click any shot at night...my mother have a sony sybershot almoust same price but unmatchable quality of picture...we are already feel so disappointed and cheated by the sale offer.our 3 mega pixel mobile cams are much greater .
                it is such a shame that brand like Olympus fail to deliver the quality.

I got issues aftersales services of TATA CROMA Zip, Fort Brach, Mumbai. After purchasing of Olympus Digital Camera.. it stopped working after five days. when i went to Croma for services they told me that Sir you must have purchased Sony CyberShot or Nikon.. The irony is here that at the time of purchase they told me that Olympus is the best. And I got humiliated too.
                  Chandra Kant Choudhary is true. I am fully agree with him.
                  I bought an IFB Microwave from TATA Croma, Bhayander.
                  The microwave was a totally defective piece;
                  So my suggestion is please be careful when you buy it from Croma;

When I complained to them about the replacement it was an very slow response

This is to bring your kind attention that , i own a Olympus Digital Camera with Model No. Mju 600 with Serial No. A49540955 for last 3 years , but 2 months back my camera's LCD display panel stopped working , i immediately came to the Authorized service centre of Olympus ( Vision Solutions) Address: Competent House F-14, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001. They inform me that the Display panel is gone and i have to replace the LCD panel , i asked them is there any other problem they told me that once it is replaced the camera will be absolutely fine, They also instructed me to pay Rs. 3000 for the repair, which i readily agreed and after 2 days i came to the service centre pay the money and took my camera, but to my surprise i cannot take a single snap in the day light as the whole screen becomes totally white.

I again went to the service centre to show my Camera, as the voucher which they provided mentioned that the warranty is for 3 Months , So considering that my camera will be taken care by the warranty i went back and showed them the camera, this time they informed me that there is a problem in the lens and again i have to pay Rs.1800 for correcting the lens.

I told them that the camera is under warranty as only month back i got it repaired , but they told me that the warranty is for only LCD, i really felt cheated as in the voucher it is no where mentioned that this warranty is only for the spares replaced.

I definitely want a solution to this problem which i am facing as this is the best of minting money from your customer. I have decided to inform all my friends not purchase Camera of Olympus , As this company's intention is not noble.

Olympus / Digital camera — Not operational

My olympus digicam is not operational. Pls tell me if any service centers are avaliable in lucknow or nearby.

OLYMPUS — Bad Performance

I recently purchased Olympus T100 camera. Only few months it was working good. After that it gone out. I went to service shop they told me that mother board gone out. Then they changed the board and given to me. Now it is working but if i take a picture, its completely hanging. I am not able to use any other option in it even i am not able to switch it off. I have to take the battery off to switch off. I again called the service centre but no proper response.

Olympus Recent Comments