Sofa Italia

Sofa Italia Complaints & Reviews

I booked an L-shaped sofa-cum-bed in an exhibition in Goregaon, Mumbai on 29 May 2016 from Sofa Italia's stall. There were a lot of exhibitors but I needed my sofa in a hurry as we were going out of town. Sofa Italia's Rohit ([protected], [protected]) promised us that he would deliver it in 3 days (max within a week). He even wrote it on the invoice copy (photo attached) and told us not to worry. Unfortunately, the sofa didn't come for over a month. After at least a 100 calls we finally got our sofa in July. I thought that was the end of my misery. I was wrong...

Rohit had promised us that they do free servicing every year for 5 years and that we would face no problem ever. As luck would have it in December 2016, one of the sofas started to sag in the middle. So, I called their office ([protected], [protected]). They wrote down my complaint and told me someone would come to my house the following week. Nobody came. I called a million times but no one came. I kept calling their office and Rohit - even sent Whatsapp messages with images (images attached) but no one came. During the sofa delivery I had got their warehouse head's number - Anwar Ali ([protected]). I called him too. Each time they would tell me that they would send a person the following week and asked me to forward the details with photo and invoice on whatsapp. I have proof that I have sent the photos to Anwar & Rohit from December'16 but they have not bothered to send anyone at my home. I see blue ticks on Whatsapp (image attached) but they do not bother to respond or send anybody because they just don't care

Today (22 April 2017) was the height of their indecency. I have been calling all their numbers since morning but they don't pick up my number any more. Around 7 pm, Anwar Ali picked up the phone. I asked him why he wasn't sending anyone over to my house for over 4 months. He has the gall to tell me (after 4 months of following up) that he could not send anyone over as he hasn't even understood the problem. I patiently explained to him again but he said that "he did not think it was a problem". My sofa, I am the customer and HE THINKS that there is no problem and does not think it important to send a person over to even check the problem!!!

These guys are the worst guys ever. I think they are running a fraud. They don't care for their customers and they certainly won't service anything. I feel conned. I really really am very angry right now. And unfortunately don't know what to do. I really hope someone does something about it. I probably will go to the consumer court soon

Btw, they never gave me the original bill till date
No Service, Rude Behaviour, Damn Care Attitude

I have ordered an sofa on 11th june 2016 in hitex exhibition hyderabad. Its been almost two months now and i have not yet received my sofa.
    No one response properly when i call them. I have to keep quite as i have already paid an advance of 25k to them. We don’t have any option to cancel the order even after delay

No suggest no one to by any product from sofa italia as they are worst in customer care and talk rudely when we call them back for product.

I have booked sofa set of mrp of rs.44, 000/- on 18/06/2016 to be delivered within 3 to 4 weeks from booking date, the advance of rs.20, 000/- has been paid in the exhibition at coventational hall ahmedabad on 18th and 19th of june 16. The sofa set has not yet been delivered after 42 days from the date of booking.
      We are giving 20 calls everyday for which they are not responding. No response has been received by the sofa italia.
      Name of seller mr. Rohit
      Contact no: [protected]
      Company name : sofa italia
      I request to manger/sales persons/ responsible person to look in to the above matter & delivered me the sofa set as agreed.

Pls do the needful.

Booked a sofa set and 2 recliners with sofa Italia in Hitex exhibition on April 16th with delivery on April 30th. After a month, they asked me to pay 18000rs and he would not guarantee that there wont be any damages or wait indeterminately. I was shocked to hear such comments because they promised to deliver and they are responsible for delivery a good product. He was not even remotely apologetic about the delay and ranted about how other customers do not take delivery. After the conversation, the numbers I called were always busy. I then called reported this to Hitex convention centre before registering a criminal case of cheating since there was no one to talk to. I suddenly got a call and ended up getting a very low quality product and they tell me to put the money in atm not online transfer to the delivery guys wife name and sent people to stay in my house until I pay. It was mental harassment.This is not a classy brand business. What I realized was that these people are third rate local furniture dealers know nothing about ethics or customer service.
        They have stopped taking my calls. I want a proper apology from them for being non responsive, rude behavior and delayed delivery and send someone to fix the sofa.

Vide order no. TF509 dated 01/05/2016 we had booked Malaysian model trolly cum bed for Rs. 29000/- with delivery within 3 weeks with following specifications:
          Body - Chocolate brown CL
          Seat -Fab-Sunrough-lister (book no 60 sr. no. 11)
          Cushion- FabFurnish Lister (book no 60 sr. no. 12)
          during Times of India Furniture fair.
          We paid advance at the time of booking sofa.
          Till date delivery is not made nor there is any response to our calls. The replies received are evasive.
          We want immediate delivery of sofa as per specification.

Nov 26, 2016
          mee anil kumar's response
          I have purchased sofa against challan no.FLV 41 HYD Dated 10/06/2016. I am continuously follow up with .But they didn’t give me tax invoice till date against Challan no. FLV 41 HYD. Every day they give me fake promise for generating a tax invoice and always the give me new date.It was happening since last 20 days.Pl. resolve the issue immediately.

I booked a sofa cum bed and a showcase worth of around 49 thousand on 26 january 2016 at exhibition held at cidco exhibition centre, vashi. I paid 25 thousand by credit card. Delivery time committed was 6 weeks.
            Even today (30 april) after repeated they started work to make the furniture after 3 months.
            Just few weeks back they completed the work and shared photos on whatsapp.
            To our surprise the showcase made was not as per our requirement. It was not matching as per specification diagram drawn on bill. They agreed mistake and said the showcase furniture can't be prepared as per the diagram which was drawn by sofa italia official!

We have given them 3 options.
            - make showcase as per specification mentioned on bill.
            - give us option for different model of same price.
            - just deliver sofa-cum-bed and cancel order for showcase.

After much debate on phone they opted for first option. More than 10 days passed after this agreement but even today there is no sign delivery (30 april)!

My expectation just to get what i have ordered.

People who are about to give order with sofa italia in exhibitions please brace for this kind of harassment.
            Non delivery of sofa cum bed and showcase even after 4 months
            Dec 5, 2016

We had booked a sofa cum bed for Rs 24000/- from Sofa Italia at Times Decor Exhibition held at BKC, Mumbai on 26th November'15. We had paid 50% advance (Rs 12, 000) and remaining to be paid at delivery. Delivery time was mentioned as on or before 10th January'16.I wanted sofa to be delivered before 10th Jan as I had to return the sofa at my house to the house owner. I have been following with Sofa Italia team since 1st week of Jan'16. These people will not give you status and instead tell you to speak to factory incharge who will say that there your fabric is not available and it will come in some time with no definite timeline. When I called up factory incharge 2-3 times he stopped taking my calls. Post this I was calling the mobile number available with me, that person also said I would cross check status but never came back and then stopped lifting my calls. I then called on the landline number, the person first gave me wrong information and made me call another factory incharge who said my sofa is not being made at his factory and I should call the 1st factory incharge who doesn't answer my calls. Post this I called the land line number again who has also stopped taking my calls since last 20 days.

This has become a mental harassment for me as no customer deserves to follow up for a product like this. Moreover there is no need for a sofa now as I had to deliver the sofa to my house owner and I am managing without it.

Resolution: I want my money refunded (Rs 12, 000/-) along with interest (@12%) as even if they deliver the sofa now, it is of no use as I wanted it on or before 10th Jan'16 which is long gone

Following are the contact numbers:
              Landline:[protected]
              Mobile: [protected], [protected]
              Non delivery of sofa cum bed
              Non delivery of sofa cum bed

Sofa Italia Recent Comments

• (1784 days ago)
                  Sofacumbed
                  Vide order no. TF509 dated 01/05/2016 we had...