Sofa set

Sofa set Complaints & Reviews

Purchased a sofa set from Furnish Steel Furniture, Maheshpura pullia, Kashipur. He gave a defected unit and we told him so the very next day. Made promise to repair the sofa set every other day, but never kept his words. Now upto this day he has not taken any steps to repair the sofa and is very negligent about the faults. It has caused a lot of tension and unrest in the family as the shopkeeper has never heard anything we have told him. Request if something can be done as it seems unfair to have paid full for defective unit. Also, dealers like these should be taught some lesson so that he is not allowed to do the same for other consumers as well . Parit. Mobile [protected]
Aug 13, 2020

I purchased a sofa set 3+1+1 worth 33,000/- and the scheduled delivery date was on 9-July-2012. However, after repeated follow-ups the delivery didn't happen. The payment was made on that date of order and yet they behave in such unprofessional way. On top of it, they keep on saying that they will deliver a product as per their suitability and not as per teh customer's preference/availability.

This is quite unprofession on the part of the employees of Housefull Furniture shops.

Mousumi Ghosh

Hello Sir/Madam,
      This is a complaint against a company called Phoenix Sofa Set / Sigma Upholstry which is located at Lalbaugh main road, doddamavalli. We have booked a FABRIC Sofa set in an TIME's furniture exhibition held at palace grounds from[protected] to[protected]. They have delivered our sofa set in november 22nd. But it is not as per our requirement.

1. Its not in full Fabric .Bottom Leg part and full back part is in imitation leather. Only seats and arms are in fabric.
      2. They have promised for 5 yrs Guarantee card. which they have not given us.

When we complained them abt this they asked us to come to shop and select fabric and then promised us that they will make it.
      but till date they have not done it.

Can you please help us.
      Aug 13, 2020
      I agree with the above complaint. I too had similar experience. I purchases the "Box Model" sofa from these guys from the "Utsav Exhibitions" Pune, last year on 10th October. Initially they promised to deliver within 10 days but it was delivered after 20 days that too after lot of persuading. And the quality of Sofa is pathetic just like these people. In one month Sofa started making noise and another month all the cushion covers stitches started tearing off. There is no basic interlocking of the joints in the cover. I called them umpteen no of times and every time they said we will call back in 10 minutes but that 10 minutes never happened. I was also assured of 5 years guarantee but it hardly lasted 5 months. Both the owners "Sunil " and "Deepa" are really good at cheating people and selling product. I would like to make other consumer to be aware of these guys. They are not "Sofa People" they are "Con People". As I have lost all the hope of getting my sofa repaired, I am posting this ordeal so that other consumer do not suffer the same fate.
      everyone who booked sofa in Phoenix Sofa Set / Sigma facing lots of problem, i have booked sofa in an TIME's furniture exhibition held at chennai nandambakkam on 22nd jul12, i have booked the Demo colour sofa but what they have brought for delivery was totally different, quality was absolutely poor and the way they are responding to clients is very very bad and am sure you wont get guarantee card at any cost because they wont bring at the time of delivery they will tell short story only, friends pls dont book sofa in iPhoenix Sofa Set / Sigma and put yourself in trouble and dont waste your money
      I suggest you check if you are dealing with these guys, by any chance. They change their company name every now and then!
      Even if they give you a Guarantee card. they do not KEEP UP THEIR COMMITMENT. thier product is equivaent to chiinese product.

an unsatisfied customer from chennai (had a very bd time shopping from Phoneix)
      HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THESE GUYS AND THE QUALITY OF THE SOFA SET IS VERY POOR. RIGHT FROM THE MD MR. SUNIL AND ALSO HIS WIFE DEEPA NOBODY CARES TO WHAT HAPPENS. THEIR MOTIVE IS ONLY MONEY. THEY DONT BOTHER ANYTHING WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THESE GUYS TO ANYBODY.

HORRIBLE...
      I actually had a good experience with Phoenix furniture. I booked my sofa without reading the above complaints, at kormangala indoor stadium furniture exhibition. I would not have booked if i had read these reviews before, so was really worried about the delivery. I had already paid 10K as advance. They told 10days to deliver the sofa(we had customized as per our requirement). Luckily we got the delivery in 14days. They delivered directly from the factory in nagwara(near hebbal). Somebody from the factory had called me before they started the work to confirm on all the modifications we had told. Pretty happy with the final product, all our customisation was done correctly. Not sure about the quality though...currently all looks good...quality issues will show up only after few months o[censored]sage.

Cheers...
      Hello All,

Never trust these guys. Phoenix The Sofa or Sigma. I have been bluffed badly. I booked a Passion model and later they delivered Fish eye model which was of an extremely poor quality.

They were not reachable for many days after that and later in another exhibition we got a hold of these frauds, they promised to visit our place and replace it. We do got few calls from them but of no use.
      They are the big cheaters and never trust them.
      I am also facing all types of problem . I was also contacting with Ms Deepa but now she is also not responding. I think I have lost my 5000Rs
      I happened to read the complaint and the subsequent comments and decide to post a comment which, if taken in the right perspective, may help. As the organizer o[censored]tsav Exhibition, Pune, I fully understand and feel your predicament. The problem lies not with the owners but with the sales guys who attend you during your visit. Suggest that you make things absolutely clear (in writing) and please don't be naive. Many a time, customers don't seek clarity during the step of purchase which leads to complications. Insist on meeting the organizers before you make an advance payment so that accountability becomes two-fold. Please, please remember, every organizer cares for his/her visitors so you must ensure that any commitment made by the stall-owner/sales guy must be in the presence of the organizer. It helps. In case of any complaint linked to Pune exhibitions (Utsav, iiiFEX, Sakaal Shopping Festival), do mail me on [protected]@gmail.com. Your complaints will be addressed with due merit.
      I booked sofa on 2011 and got delivered on 2012.So for we have not received warranty card and original bill.They is a fraud company which we have to take this issues to the exhibition organizers to save remaining peoples.Only way to get answer for everything is we have to go in group and attack them in front of all the peoples there. They don't have even a customer contact no.This will so how clever they are.

Porur,
      Chennai
      I recently booked the Sofa with them in Pune, wish I would have red these comments before paying them..now I can only hope that they have learned their lessons and will stop cheating people..:-)
      Listen everyone.
      Don't buy anything from Utsav exhibitions in and around Pune. Recently I have been duped by InstyleInteriors sofa who have stall in Utsav exbhition in Range Hills ground. I trusted Utsav exhibition and paid Rs 10, 000 for a customized sofa with InstyleInteriors, they promised to deliver in 15 days on 3rd May 2014. Now even after 1.5 month I am getting response that it will be delayed.
      After going through various consumer forums I found that these are scam and fraudsters from Kondhva and dupe innocent people who come to buy some dreams in these exhibitions. These so called sofa manufacturers not only make low quality sofa's but also never deliver in time.
      So bascially your money is gone.
      I am going to start internet wide campaign against these fraudsters and Utsav exhibitions since they allow such frodsters to put up their stalls.
      Please write to sanjeev.[protected]@gmail.com if can help me.
      Sanjeev Burge

Furniture mall @ Thane is the biggest fraud company......anyone reading this never go to this place, they have their stalls at various exhibitions where they fool and trap people to buying sofa's but never deliver it.

I had booked a sofa on December 05th 2010, at Bandra kurla complex exhibition from a man named Mr Hitesh Zaveri who made all sort of false promises to sell the sofa with a delivery promised in 15 days.

After the initial advance at the exhibition they demanded 50% advance for the sofa value which their person came and collected from my residence in a week. Post paying the advance we never heard from the furniture mall.

After a month we call them and asked why have we not received the sofa and they said that the cloth selected by us is unavailable and will take another week to get it done.

After waiting for another 10 days and still no response we call back and yet again we hear that the cloth is out of stock and they ask us to make a new choice of cloth for the sofa, since that day we have been chasing the owners of Furniture mall. We have spoken to Hitesh Zaveri and Sameer merchant on various occasion to return our money but nothing has happened.

We have posted a written complaint and also an online complaint with the Thane police and pretty soon would also file an FIR against such a fraud.

Anybody who reads this please stay away from these crooks and if any1 has take some action against these people or can help us please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com
        Aug 13, 2020

I had purchased Woody's drag Sofa (5 seater) imported at Saravana Stores, Madley Road, T. Nagar, Chennai on 23.10.10. The Sofa (3 seater) rest was broken on 02.11.10, since the rest was made of broken two pieces jointed by a bolt/nut, instead of single piece. I had made a complaint to Saravana Stores Furniture section ([protected]). They said they wl send their representative after deepavali. Again I had reminded on 09.11.10 and they said they are busy with new furniture installations and wl send before 13.11.10. Again I had reminded on 13.11.10, they said the Fitter wl come on 15.11.10. But even after 20.11.10 nobody has turned up.

From this u can very well see the quality of furniture which was broken within 10 days of purchase. Customer Service is also very poor. Only they are making advertisements and quality of furnitures are vey poor and made of second quality and damaged/substandard materials.

I strongly recommend nobody should go and furniture from Saravana Stores, T. Nagar in future.

A. Vadivelu, Nanganallur, Chennai - 61

ROMA SOFA — SOFA DELIVERED WITH DAMAGE

Respected Sir / Madam,

I placed an order for Roma Sofa & a centre table on 18th March 2010 at the Big Bazaar in Pondy Bazzar. The Rep who took the order said that both the products would be delivered on 9th April 2010.Full payment was made on 18th March using my Debit Card. On calling on the Date of Deliver, the person who answered the call said that there is a delay in the transport as & as the sofa has to come from Mumbai it would be a week late. Spoke to Harish (Head of the Furniture Dept) and The promised date of delivery for the 2nd time was 1 May 2010. This went on and on & when I called on 1May,. the response was the colour of our choice (Brown) was not available for the sofa but the table was available & they promised that the products would be delivered together on 7th May. However, Finally they delivered the products on 9the of May, but only the sofa. Again we had to call several times as the sofa had to be installed. After repeated calling, and no response at all, they finally said that the centre table was not available either. Now after the install is done , we noticed that the Sofa is damaged, where the stapled side is open apart revealing the wooden board inside. Raised a complaint again & a person came home , took pictures stating that they need proof of damage & said he would send a mail to Mumbai - from where the furniture arrived and would replace the furniture. I had made a total of 67 phone calls and made 18 visits to the Big Bazaar at Pondy Bazzar to have this issue fixed. I need to have an answer, because the people here dont seem to respect.

Kindy do the need ful.

Contact & other info:
          Name : Roma sofa
          Slip # 0432.

My contact # [protected].

Thanks & Regards
          Mini Ponnu Pillai

kwell i have bought an sofa set of your (frm this) company,and as i bought it i found an defect on it after its delivery,its tepestry is defected it stared from some places i had complaint in ur branch of surat (style spa) but they r not replying properly and so m leaving mesg over here it is not 1st time that m purchasing your product i had many of yours product regarding the furniture but now after looking this my interest of buying things from your company is totally droped down,well m looking towards some positive reply from u peoples and i want tht u take some action which can satisfy my need so that my interest will b there for future about your products.....!!!!

I have purchased a sofa set from Big Bazaar-Vadodara. While home delivery on 31 Jan-2010, One of the single seater found damaged. I was returning the same, however the Manager requeated to keep it with me and assured to replace it within 5 to 6 days. The same was mentioned in the delivery sheet also. However, more than 3 weeks have passed, no action taken till date. More over the floor manager is now mis-behaving with me on this issue.

Sofa set — Defective Sofa Set material/rexine

I purchased a Royal Sofa Set from More Megastore, Manjalpur, Vadodara costing about 22k in October 2008. Soon, we realized that the rexine of the sofa set started coming off in patches and today the sofa set is completely defaced. Complaint was filed with the store and the representative took the snaps of the product about a month back. Since then, we have never heard from them. This needs to be looked into. Photographs are attached for reference....

We bought a sofa set from your jamshedpur dealer year back, to our surprised after 6 months o[censored]ses only the leather has been damaged from varios corners and the stuffing material inside has taken a bad shape. To our surprised the stand were supplied at time of delivery but the service while fixing they took along with them saying that is for different sofa, we have complained varios time to the dealer but it seems that they don' want to listen and there is no service backup, we are also the corporate customer for them. Kindly do the needfull to supply the stands as well as to replace the cover for the same

We have sold our sofa to bigbazar, Riverside Mall Lucknow on 22.02.09 under exchange offer . We have paid Rs. 15, 759.00 against receipt no. T21/7978 dtd. 22.02.09. During course of discussion with concerned person, We have been advised that since sofa set which we selected was not available off the self. Hence, sofa set will be delivered by 5th of March'09.

Despite of repeated reminder and constant persuation, we have not received the sofa set till date. We have to face very embrassing position in front of our guests during ocassion of Holi. We have made request to customer service desk at Bigbagar to refund our money but till date no action has been taken by Bigbazar management.

You are requested to look into the matter.

Sofa set Recent Comments