[Resolved] Cafe Coffee Day — rude staff behaviour + absolute lack of knowledge about the products being sold in their outlets

Vadodara, Vadodara District, Gujarat, India
 miss sen on Jan 13, 2019
I visited the ccd outlet located inside the inorbit mall, vadodara on january 13, 2019 with my family.
Since i am a regular customer at ccd, i am well aware of the combos available there. On entering the store, there wasn’t any cashier available to attend as the designated person was busy with his phone in one fine corner.
Secondly when i enquired about the chai+ maska bun combos available for inr 49, he quoted the amount as inr 66.
I thought may be there is a price discrepancy for these combos in various outlets. So i settled for a combo and a single chai as the price for the combo was inr 66 according to him and single chai was for inr 51. I didn’t want to pay 15 rupees for the maska bun in another combo.
When he printed the bill, the combo was for inr 49 and the single chai for inr 59.
When i complained about the same to him, that why will i pay 59 for only chai when i can get chai+bun for 49 he absolutely refused to understand.

I was okay paying him extra 10 rupees because he added the maska bun in my order. (Ideally he should have given me my 10 rupees back). And here it is not about the money, we tend to spend 100s when we visit such outlets but this was misleading your customers with wrong information. Also instead of apologising he and his team mates made sure we were made to sit for another 20 minutes for our order to arrive whereas people who ordered after us were served before us.

Am i a fool that i am an aware ccd customer who knows about what is available at ccd at what prices? Also this is no hate towards the brand. I have been served so well at all their outlets i have been to. Most of the times the attendant themselves suggest us combos that we find great value for money. This was the first time a ccd outlet has let me down and that too in gujarat, a state that i have observed is exceptional with its hospitality especially in serving food to their customers.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 14, 2019

[Jan 13, 2019] Cafe Coffee Day customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Cafe Coffee Day Customer Care's response, Jan 14, 2019

Please send us your contact details and what is a suitable time to give you a call at [email protected]

So that we can try reaching you and get the issue resolved.

Team Cafe Coffee Day

+91 80 4001 2345 (Head Office)
    #23/2, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore North, Karnataka, India - 560001
    Cafe Coffee Day - rude staff behaviour + absolute lack of knowledge about the products being sold in their outlets