Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC] — absurd electricity bill

Kolkata, Kolkata District, West Bengal, India
 Gakerndra Mehra on Jun 3, 2019
I have been receiving high electricity bill month on month. The latest bill of april amounts to rs. 2670 which is absurd as the consumption is normal without an ac. The bill for the month of march was rs. 1600. There are others in the apartment who are using ac but still their bill is much lesser than mine. I have been complaining for high bill for last 4 yrs but no response from cesc. Recently i have applied for ac installation on 18th may 2019. I am worried that my bill will be more absurd now. My current meter reading date as per your bill on 21/5/2019 shows 11251. Today is 3rd june — the meter reading shows 11512. That is 261 units in 13 days. How is it possible. Earlier i have also requested to check my metre once as i think either the electric meter is not working properly or something is wrong somewhere. If required pls change the meter. Thanks.
Consumer no — [protected]
Customer id — [protected]
Meter no — 4590641

[Jun 03, 2019] Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Gakerndra Mehra, Jun 03, 2019
Dear Sir / Madam,

I have received a call from a Mobile No -- [protected] at 3.53 pm saying calling from CESC as I have complained regarding the Bill. Listening to the issue the gentlemen repeatedly says that I should the pay the bill online just now and the problem will be solved. The units will get reduced after I pay. After asking him how will this be done he started using slang words and disconnected the phone. when I am calling him back he is disconnecting the phone everytime.

I am surprised that CESC Kolkata is having such an executive who calls the customer and instead of solving the issue uses slang words.

I would request you to look into the matter

CESC House, Chowringhee Square, Kolkata, West Bengal, India - 700001