Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Ceat/Tyre — Poor Post Sales Service

Following pending complaint forwarded to Ceat is unresolved till date

I would like to draw your attention towards my claim for reimbursement of amount(Rs300/-) charged by local dealer M/S Modern Tyres Sales Chopasni Road Jodhpur to replace tyre under unconditional warranty also want replacement of damaged tube as I had purchased all 4 tyres & tubes for Santro car from your dealer M/S Modern Tyres Sales on 15/05/12 under unconditional warrant but only after few months/kms front-right tyre got damaged at 2 points on 7th Sept ’12 late night simultaneously tube was badly damaged at same points as of tyre & caused me lot of inconvenience on a dark street, surprisingly quality of tyre was so poor that even object without any sharp age(small flat nut bolt) could penetrate through.
Very next day on 8th Sept ’12 afternoon I registered complaint with dealer & requested for replacement of both tyre & tube as both got damaged at same time but he only took tyre & refused for tube whereas due to poor quality of tyre, tube got affected but dealer was adamant.
I informed about the same to local Jodhpur office over telephone but they were least interested.
Afterward almost for a month I had to make lot of calls & visits at dealers place for replacement of tyre in his possession but local sales engg(Mr Govind) & dealer kept on puzzling me with following silly/false replies like
1. Same type of tyre is not available in city
2. I have checked tyre is not available in nearby town
3. Tyre is not there in entire state & nearby areas
4. Yesterday we got supply but model was not there in the consignment
5. We can’t transport 1 tyre from other place for replacement
6. There is no manufacturing of same type of tyre by company required for the replacement
7. Company is manufacturing only tubeless tyres
8. Suggested to use tubeless tyre by putting tube inside which is technically wrong practice
Both dealer & engg Mr Govind kept on insisting that take tubeless tyre by paying extra cost which I refused & suffered for more than a month. They also mentioned that only price difference for tubeless tyre will be applicable & there will be no extra charge for replacement.
Most of the time I was forced to keep my vehicle in parking lot as there was no other option with me & due to unnecessary delay in settling the claim.
Mr Govind was least interested in the case & had very poor attitude towards service.
Later after few days I visited dealer on 24/10/12 for replacement surprisingly he gave me same model of tyre for which both dealer & engg Mr Govind were fooling me for 1 month also dealer charged Rs300/- which they never mentioned before also my complaint regarding loss of tube remained unattended.
Dealer handed over me a letter of company dated 10/09/12 regarding claim which was passed by the company & I was supposed to accept offer within 21 days but dealer choose to keep it in his custody till 24/10/12 also there was no direct communication from company & no receipt was given by dealer for the damaged tyre collected for claim which is unfair.
In mutual interest I seek your cooperation for resolution of grievance mentioned in 1st paragraph of this mail.
Thanks & Regards,