[Resolved]  Citibank — after detailed verification application rejected for information which was not asked anywhere

I had applied for citi bank credit card on 7th december and the citibank person collected the documents on the same day. My telephonic verification happened twice after that.in both the cases my corporate email id was not asked neither i was told that it is necessary to mention that while applying for the card.
Today i got a message that my application was rejected. When i called customer care, i was told that it got rejected only because corporate email id was not provided (And not due to any other reason) and they cannot reprocess it.
Though they have put my application for reapplication certain questions from my side:
1. If corporate email id was necessary, then why wasn't it highlighted by the agent who collected the documents or during call verification? This is clear cut lethargy from banks side.
2. Who should be held responsible for the agony and damage which has caused to me since this application rejection status will reflect on my credit records without any fault of mine as i had provided all the documents and information which was needed and asked from time to time? My credit report is very strong till now.
3. If only personal details were missing then why was i not asked for that before rejecting my application

My ask here is:
1. I want a card to be issued since i have provided all the details to customer service now.
2.in front of my application rejection status do mention the reason that the details were not provided since they were never asked/highlighted for.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 3, 2020
No one from Citibank Credit card department called me regarding my complaint but they reprocessed my same application and issued the card. Thus closing this thread as my ask is completed

[Dec 21, 2019] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Citibank Phone
    Citibank Address
    Citibank N.A., P.O. Box No. 4830, Anna Salai Post Office, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600002