Cleartrip — got charged for tickets even though their site gave an error

Dahisar, Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 P. Joe on Mar 22, 2019
I tried booking tickets from Kochi to Bangalore and back via their website on 21st March.

Twice I got an error after spending a long time on their site that the booking cannot be processed.
It took me back to the cleartrip home page.

Following this I went ahead and booked it via another site for Rs. 600 more. While going through my sms I realised the payment has been deducted and the tickets booked.

I spoke to their customer service for the complete refund however failed to get a response that was satisfactory. Worst experience by their so called supervisor Nachiket Nachan who first blamed the banks site and then me. I repeated umpteen times that I had to go through the drill twice of clicking the date of birth tab close to 800 plus times since the date of birth was in the year 1946. However he kept disputing the number of attempts I made.

They seriously need to realise that there is a genuine issue on their site. I understand most sites give an error while they are in the process of increasing fares but going ahead and booking tickets after giving an error is totally unacceptable. Two other examples of their site issues while logging a complaint are attached. I tried registering an online complaint and it failed to do so. Tried cancelling the tickets and failed to do that as well.

I am not willing to pay a single rupee for an error that reflects on Cleartrips website due to poor functionality.
I need this looked into and a refund of Rs. 3865/ Now i am left with two tickets for the same flight, for the same passenger. Booking ID is [protected]

got charged for tickets even though their site gave an error

[Mar 24, 2019] ClearTrip customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

+91 95 9533 3333 (Support)
    DTC Bldg, Sitaram Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Delisle Road, Lower Parel (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011
    Cleartrip - got charged for tickets even though their site gave an error