[Resolved]  Cleartrip — Promised free Check In Baggage while booking the ticket and later charging extra for baggage once the ticket is booked

This is regarding Online fight booking i have done in Cleartrip.com. Trip ID: [protected] Airline PNR: 32728560 I booked my roundway tickets from Dubai to Kochi through Cleartrip.com on 29th Oct 2013. Since i have to carry check-in baggage of 20kg, i looked for a flight with this option in addition to the hand baggage normally a passenger can carry. I confirmed it in the Section 1: 'Itinerary' of the trip details where it clearly mentioned as follows: "Note: Handbaggage - 7kgs/passenger free (smaller than 56cm*45cm*25cm); Check-in baggage/20 kgs/passenger INCLUDED" Based on this i bought my tickets and i received the ticket in my inbox a minute later. Since the ticket didn't say anything on the Check-in baggage i can carry, i called the customer service of Cleartrip.com to enquire about this. After a couple of calls (earlier calls were been disconnected by the executives there) i spoke to Pragnesha and she confirmed i can carry 20kg Check-in luggage as per the new Baggage rules of the airlines. Since i had a bad experience earlier of booking ticket via Cleartrip.com, that bought me mental trauma and financial loss by paying extra money at the checkin point on the travel date, i want this to be confirmed with an email. I wrote a mail to the customer service of Cleartrip asking them to confirm my baggage allowance which i got a reply on October 30th. It states that i can carry only my hand-baggage and for including the Check-in luggage i have to contact the Airline to amend the trip. I was really frustrated the way this booking portal acts, by promising a service and denying the offered service after the payment is made and giving the blame to the Airlines. I wrote to them explaining the things happened and till now i didn't get a reply from them. Since every delay from Cleartrip cost me more if i go for another booking, I'm chasing them for a revert. Since i have couple of experience like this, I don't want the same to be repeated to other customers. I want to go ahead with a legal complaint (though it cost extra peny)against Cleartrip management for violating the contract and make others aware of this kind of cheating.
Cleartrip agreed to include Check in Baggage free of cost.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

+91 95 9533 3333 (Support)
    DTC Bldg, Sitaram Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Delisle Road, Lower Parel (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011