Cognizant Technology Solutions — need information on status

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
 Saketh vadamodula on Nov 27, 2018
I attended cts interview drive sometime august in hyderabad, i cleared the rounds, i was asked to fill a document and was informed hr will call for package negotiations.
After 2-3 weeks i got a call from hr taken my details and was informed you will receive offer letter in 1-2 weeks. I didn't receive and months pass by yesterday i got this mail.
*...⇄
Dear saketh vadamodula,

Thanks for registering your candidature with cognizant. To go ahead with the process, we have mandated the photo upload for all the prospective candidates. You are requested to click on the link below to upload your photo.

Click here

One time password : *

I have logged into the portal and i could see my name and location:hyderabad, and left corner do's and don'ts of photo upload.
I have uploaded the photo and its a one time log-in.

What does this mail mean is it a formality for another interview or is it a process start for offer-letter.
Could anyone help me on the same.

Saketh
Updated by Saketh vadamodula, Dec 19, 2018
I got an update from Team saying that No positions. Please attend interviews from CTS again.
I cannot understand, this is really Bad, real bad .. how can they take interviews for positions which was not there firstly, next informing selected then promised for an offer letter in 2 Weeks after discussions.
4 Months passed now after several mails a response that we don't have positions attend interviews. If requirements not there please don't call for interviews, at least don't tell that selected and U get Offer Letter which would never come ... pathetic ...

Comments

Hey u got offer?
Hi, No I haven't got any information from them, I asked at least let me know What Photo Upload mail means.
Getting Selected everything done, now no updates at all its been more than 3 months.

Kandhanchavadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600000