[Resolved]  Airtel — Broadband Usage Calculation

Dear All,
I have recently installed Airtel Broad band combo 499 plan which offers 2 mbps speed and 1 gb of data usage free per month.
Earlier I had prepaid connection of Hathway 512 kbps plan with 400 mb usage free per month. I am a minimal user of internet at home, and had never exhausted this 400 mb of limit.

Last month I got Airtel braod band installed. The speed is very good. But I am shocked as to how do they actually calculate the data usage. Last month I used internet only for 10 days just text chatting or email checking (I do not get heavy attachment files) and it showed a usage of 852 MB.
This month on 1st Dec on a single day it shows a usage of 165 MB plus. My usage pattern hasent changed, but my billing has changed. I had logged complaint regarding this and their engineer visited me and did not find any problem with my system or the modem. However I was surprised to hear from their tech person that even if the modem is kept switched on and the broad band cable is not connected to your computer or your computer is not on, still u will get billed. Fortunately that has never let the modem on when not in use. If Airtel is charging me for data transfer, then unless the broadband cable is connected to my computer how can datatransfer take place??? They refused to answer to this querry of mine. They told me that only their senior technical team can answer to me. I still await to hear from them.

I would also like to share with you people that I checked with two of my neighbours who have also taken smae airtel plan and connection. They have also experience the same - wrong/false billing by Airtel.

People please be aware of Airtel. They have false billing system. Please be aware before taking Airtel limited data transfer plans. They fool u.

Rohit
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Same here too but I can't understand when iam using for 1 hour they cut 300-400mb, but sometimes for 1 hour they cut 1gb wts the problem I dnt understand 2gb /day really sucks

Airtel