Airtel — Disconnection of sim without prior warning even after complaining about waiver not getting approved

Rohit Pillai

I HAVE BEEN AN AIRTEL CLIENT FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS BUT NOW I'M BEEN FORCED TO OPT OUT OF YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS SERVICES.

IN THE MONTH OF JULY I SPOKE TO ONE OF YOUR VERY STUPID CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE'S(MOHAN RAO) WHO GAVE ME A PACK/DEAL SAYING MY OUTGOING CALLS TO [protected] WILL BE AT 10 PAISE/MINUTE.THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE INITIATED OVERNIGHT. IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST MY BILL CAME TO AN AMOUNT OF RS 3200/-(APPROX FIGURE).EVEN THOUGH I WAS SHOCKED AT THE AMOUNT I PAID THE BILL ON TIME.THE NEXT MONTH MY BILL WAS AGAIN FOR AN AMOUNT OF 2700(APPROX).WHEN I ENQUIRED I WAS TOLD THE PACK WAS INITIATED BUT I WAS NOT GIVEN THE DISCOUNTED OUTGOING RATE AND WAS CHARGED AT 50 PAISE/MINUTE.

I THEN VISITED A BRANCH IN GURGAON AND WAS TOLD BY THE REPRESENTATIVE TO NOT PAY MY BILL TILL THE WAIVER(FOR THE DISCOUNTED AMOUNT) IS ADJUSTED IN IT

I HAVE SINCE THAT DAY SPOKEN TO NUMEROUS INCOMPETENT AND INEPT EXECUTIVE'S AND SUPERVISOR'S WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT MADE EMPTY PROMISES OF DIFFERENT SORTS.I HAVE BEEN PROMISED CALL-BACK'S WITH THE STATUS.I HAVE BEEN TOLD A WAIVER OF RS[protected] HAS BEEN APPROVED AND THAT ONCE IT IS ADJUSTED ONLY THEN THE BILL NEEDS TO BE PAID.

2 MONTHS HAVE GONE BY HEARING THE SAME STORY AND NOW MY SIM IS INACTIVE AT 1:00 AM WITH NO ANSWER ON UR CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.

TO NAME SOME O[censored]R BRIGHT SO CALLED SUPERVISOR'S:

NEHA
MAYUR
AND LAST BUT NOT DEFINITELY NOT THE LEAST, AJIT

ALL THREE ARE UTTERLY USELESS AND UNPROFESSIONAL, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE EMPLOYED AND IT JUST SHOWS A LACK OF FOCUS AND GOOD JUDGEMENT ON UR BEHALF.

LASTLY,
I WOULD LIKE TO TELL U THAT IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED BY TOMORROW I WILL NOT ONLY NOT PAY THE BILL BUT TAKE SERIOUS LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.BEING A TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY YOUR WORD ON THE PHONE IS AS BINDING AS A CONTRACT-PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT.PLEASE DONT FORCE ME TO MAKE THIS A SERIOUS ISSUE AND BRING UR INEFFICENCY OUT IN THE OPEN

REGARDS,

[Resolved] Airtel - MNP [110]

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - Disconnection of sim without prior warning even after complaining about waiver not getting approved