Airtel — Bad customer care

Dr Jayakeerthi Y
This is a copy of email I sent to Airtel customer Care:

I am Dr Jayakeerthi Y here from bangalore.

I am mailing this letter with utmost dissatisfaction and anguish over what has happened with me for the last 11/2 years.

Short story-- it was on may 2nd 2006 that i contacted customer care and learnt how to activate the gprs (for mms) facility on my newly bought pda phone. On following the instructions given to me i got back messages saying your request cannot be processed. So again contacted the cc executive who made me try various settings on my phone none of which worked. On repeat communication the same day i was told mms can't be sent form a pda phone as of then and airtel is working towards it !!

I being a very busy person ws being very regular with my payment of bills based on the sms that i used to get (never bothered to check my bills which often i haven't received at all).

In the meantime, i have requested for regular bills and also have asked for a change of address which took almost 5 attempts to get it done.

then comes the first bill on my new address-- i was thrilled to see it but shocked to learn i have been paying for some facility (GPRS WAP..) that does not work on my phone nor have i ever have used it (its another fact that i dont know how to use it).

Now, why despite being in constant touch with the CC, i have not been told it is activated even ? that too after getting the replies like 'ur request could not be processed' and also being told by the CC executive that my phone does not have that facility. He/ she could have been open with me and reminded me to deactivate the same if they knew the facility gets activated even without confirmation message to the customer.

For God's sake, if my frequent requests were headed to and address changed, i probably would have rectified the mix-up much earlier.

Frankly speaking i feel i have been cheated and from my own family !!! (Family- thats what Airtel has been to our family atleast being part of it from the time we started using mobile phones- i remember those days when we used to pay >10 rupees per minute) you may ask me why this long letter ???

My answer,simply put,will be - i think i deserve the amount paid by me to be returned -(which is not the actual compensation as i have spent lot of time and energy on finding out how this has happened, so many calls to CC which does not respond -esp-GPRS section, calling each time i get a message reg my bill and telling the CC that i haven't received the bill - which is my right o believe...)

Please look into the matter and help
Awaiting an early reply
thanking you for your valuable time,

Dr Jayakeerthi Y