Airtel — Harrassment and inconvenience!

Suresh Kumar V R
Re:

01st Dec 2006

Dear Concerned Responsible Airtel Staff

I would like to put the following lines for whatever appropriate action you feel is necessary to be taken and to do that.

I picked up an Airtel postpaid connection on 15th Nov 2006 and I was told it would get activated within 24 hrs but was not activated within the said time and was done after 48 hrs.

And also I was told address verification would be done, and from the second day I started receiving call from Airtel representative asking for my address almost every day during office hrs saying they want to come and verify the address and I had to repeat the same address to every person calling and this was so disturbing during my official meetings some times.

All this I had to face though I had filled up my correct address in the application form I had submitted at the time of picking up the connection. On the 25th November I called up the customer care of Airtel and spoke to one Mr. Rahul
And explained to him every thing and he said this will be the last time Please give me your address and I will see that this is changed and I do not know what he did. On the 17th & 24th November I had registered a request on the web site after logging in through airtelworld.com with my registered mobile number

List of service requests raised:
Sr. No. Reference No. Type Category Creation Date Status
1 10559796
Request Address Verification [protected]:05:33.0 Closed
2 10491011
Request Address Verification [protected]:58:02.0 Closed

I do not know on what basis the request was closed.

Now on 1st December as usual when I tried to make a call from my mobile I got a voice saying your outgoing calls are barred due to late payment of bills pl contact customer care.

Date of Activation 17/11/2006

Next Bill Date 11/12/2006

At around 8 pm I called customer care and spoke to Mr Jaspreet and took full 19 min to explain to him what has happened and know the reason why the service is blocked and he assured me that the case has to be investigated but fom his end he is releasing the lock and it would be done within one hour.

I waited till 10:30 and called up the customer care and Mr Naveen picked up the phone and I said I wanted to speak to Mr Jaspreet as I wasted 19 min explaining to Mr Jaspreet and getting the details and I did not want to spend the same time with this person also. He said he would arrange a callback within 10 minutes and till 11:10 no call received.
Is this the type of service the Number one mobile company in India as claimed by the Chief of Airtel gives to its customers?

At 11:15 pm I called up the customer care again and Mr Gajender picked up and the same things that was said to Mr Naveen was repeated again to him and even he put me on hold and came back
and said he will arrange a call back in 5 minutes and I said I will not wait this time and said that I would like to speak to a responsible senior person he again put me on hold and came back and said all the floor managers are busy and when I asked him the name of the floor manager his reply was “We are not supposed to give those details”. Why not this information be given to customers when asked by the customer. Are you not supposed to give this information?

And during this time between 10:30 pm 11:15 pm I was preparing this letter and I told Mr Gajender that I have prepared a complaint letter and tell me whom it has to be sent to and read out this letter to him and when I completed reading he expressed his apologies for the inconvenience caused (heard this from the customer care staff every time I call them) and Mr Gajender said your call barring is removed now and you can use Airtel.

Between the time I started reading the letter and could finish, the call barring was removed. It would have taken hardly five minutes and if this could be done within this time why this was not done by Mr Jaspreet?

I would want you to do the necessary address verification and correct the address in your records so that I receive the bills in time.

I was using MTNL and the signals were too weak and thought AIRTEL would be better but not worth for the service I get.

I regret for coming to AIRTEL!
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]
    +91 11 4666 6100 [Head Office]
    20, Sarakki Main Road, JP Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560078
    Airtel - Harrassment and inconvenience!