[Resolved]  Airtel — Incorrect plan for postpaid mobile

My name is Channdeep Singh & my Airtel postpaid mobile no. is [protected]. I have been a loyal customer to Airtel & availing their Broadband, DSL & Mobile services for quite long now. But, I have an issue here with my Airtel Postpaid Bill.

I signed up for Airtel Postpaid Mobile in Feb 08. It was a corporate plan as I work with HCL. It was an Advance Rental Plan for 1 yr & they charged me Rs 699. My monthly rental was zero. I was able to sign up for this with the Airtel's representative for HCL. Now, as it was a corporate plan, my internal company calling i.e. CUG (Company User Group) was free. Everything went well till 1 yr as the main reason for signing up corporate plan was being accomplished (of enjoying free CUG calling).

Now, after 1 yr, when plan expired, without any acknowledgement & notice, Airtel switched me onto a normal postpaid plan & started charging me a monthly rental of Rs 300. I came to know this after 2 months, when I started receiving calls for non-payment pf bills. When I contacted Airtel Customer Care, they told me, as your 1 yr plan has expired, so it has now turned into a normal Postpaid no. & that's why, you are now being charged this monthly rental. Moreover, when I asked them, how to renew contract, they asked me to contact Airtel's representative for HCL.

When I spoke with Airtel's representative for HCL, he says, he can't do anything about monthly charge & started ignoring my phone calls to him. I was very annoyed as this all was done without my approval & moreover, I did not get any notice through any mode of communication. Finally, after many conversations with Airtel Customer Care, they reveresed some amount & offered me a new 2 yr contract with some reduced amount. I got agreed.

It was all OK till here. Now, I carried on with my new plan & kept paying all the bills. In a few months, I felt that I am getting charged extra because my maximum calling was internal i.e. CUG, which was free as per my postpaid plan. Now, I reviewed my bills & found that I have been charged for even all my CUG calling. I reported this to Airtel customer care as my contact was non-existent with Airtel's representative for HCL as he use to ignore my phone calls. Customer care told me that the new 2 yr plan, I have been switched onto, is a public plan. Its not a corporate plan & so for, there is no CUG free under this plan.

Now, they said, they can't do anything & CUG will always be getting charged in these 2 yrs. So, this was an absolute breach of contract as they are now charging me for CUG as well. & the main reason for me to sign up for a corporate connection was to enjoy free CUG calling only. Upon this, I then went to meet Airtel's HCL representative in person, & he suggested me to keep paying my bills minus CUG calling charges. I told him, that it is not possible for me to figure out every CUG call from every bill & making payments after deducting CUG calling charges. & most importantly, doing this for 2 yrs. I don't think, it would be possible for anyone. Then, he advised me to calculate some average amount of CUG calling, which I make.

I kept doing this & now, few days back, I got a SMS for Airtel, that due to my previous outstanding, they have handed over my details to their payment assistance partner. I haven't contacted Airtel Customer Care & HCL's representative till now.

SO, I want to lodge a formal complaint here because of the following reasons:

1- Why I was not been informed & taken my assent, when my initial 1 yr contract was about to expire ?
2- When they offered me new 2 yr plan to renew, why they did not tell me that this this is a public plan, not a corporate plan, & I will be getting charged even for CUG calling ?
3- When I asked from Customer Care, the procedure to get this new public plan converted into a corporate plan (corporate plan, which means free CUG), they say me, that I will have to subscribe for a new corporate plan & all my money, which I paid as Advance Rental (Rs 1000) for this new 2 yr plan, will go in vain. Why ? Why I have to pay again ? Why you did not tell me that this is not a corporate plan & CUG will be getting charged ?

Thanks in Advance + Best Regards,