Airtel — disconnection of mobile

Uttarakhand, India
 shivdeep_singh
Hi If anybody in Airtel is litensing :

Below is mail i sent on [protected]@airtel.in a long time back done some follow up on phones and emails but noting works for airtel now.... Its was one of my favorite companies but the detoriation i have seen in Airtel is serioulsy amazing.

They have brought this company to a level where customer like me who are using airtel for last 10 years now thinking of switching to some other option...

This is with respect to my airtel number [protected]

I lost this number on jan 21, 2010 and was not willing to use it further as i was relocating to Delhi.

In the month of Feb (last week) i requested airtel 121 that the said number should be disconnected for further calls and requested to adjust the pending amount from the security I have deposited at the time of activation which was Rs 500.00 and the net Bill was arround Rs 400.00. I dont know why and how this number was not closed and I have been charged the monthly rental for next months too, which came to my knowledge when I recieved a bill of arroung 800 in the month of may ( at my old address and I havn't recieved any previous month's
bill either).

I called many times regarding this to get number closed but I got the answer that since This is dehradun number hence nothing can be done from Delhi. Also when I contacted the Dehradun helpline they told me to come to Dehradun for disconnecting the number which is not feasible for me as I permanently relocated to Delhi.

After numoruos request at call center I am still not able to resolve this issue and writing the same to you hoping we can get to some closure on this. First time in last ten years while using airtel i am not feeling good about the company as the executives are not willing to share any mail ID no Phone numbers even they are not willing to tell the address of nearest airtel office, this kind of response is really very shocking and new for me with respect to Airtel.

I request you to please look into the matter and resolved it as soon as possible.

-Shivdeep Singh
[protected]@rediffmail.com

Comments

I purchased the Nokia with air tel prepaid offer with two years incoming and 300 worth of talk time on 7th september 2007.My number is [protected].After one month i received message that You are using another sim card in this mobile,so your service terminated ,then I immdiately noticed to customer care .They aslo telling same as message. On 19th oct My service has been removed.

+91 11 4266 6500 [Head Office]