[Resolved] Airtel Digital TV — Wrong deduction and validity
I have an Airtel Digital TV. My monthly charges as per the package I have selected is Rs 303/- as per Airtel Call centre executives. However, my complaint is as below:
1) I recharged with Rs 400/- in Sept (I guess on 18th Sept) - So ideally, I was supposed to have extra balance in my account
2) I was out of town and came back yesterday (23rd Oct) to see my DTH not working and while checking had a negative balance of Rs 72/-. I was surprised as I should have had excess balance.
3) However, to watch my favourite programmes before getting into the details of this mess, I recharged through my credit card with Rs 380/- (considering Rs 72/- negative charge and Rs 303/- monthly charge)
4) Surprisingly, I got charged with Rs 399/- on my credit card (though I had swiped for Rs 380/-) and my Airtel DTH account with Rs 327/-
5) Now, when I checked the validity today, it is only till 19th November (ideally, I should have had more than 25th Nov, atleast 22nd Nov if I consider monthly validity)
I spoke to the call centre executive (Mr. Rahul) who was not able to explain me anything and lost his temper in between. The attitude was highly unprofessional. On my multiple requests to talk to someone senior to Rahul, I was not passed the line on to any senior, saying he cant do anything and one Mr. Murali (supposed to be his senior) has no time.. Is this the way to handle customer when you have wrongfully deducted Rs 19/- from credit card without my permission, calling it a PROMOTIONAL scheme?? Moreover, how can the validity be less than 30 days when I have balance more than my monthly billing requirements?
I am going to press and to consumer forum to show how Airtel cheats customers and also to show how unprofessional their customer service is.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020