Airtel & HDFC Bank Bank — Beware of Mobile Bills paid via Netbanking transactions

HI
I just wanted to share my bad experience o[censored]sing Airtel Corporate connection (postpaid no [protected]), which is also an eye-opener on the practices followed by this reputed corporate, the dadagiri they impose on customers; the sheer negligence on part of HDFC Bank in resolving net-banking issues and the unprofessional behavior of customer cares on both sides. I have undergone mental torture and unnecessary inconvenience with loss of time and energy for two months, which you can save by avoiding online transactions. Please take some time to read my story…

I used to pay my postpaid bills in cash (without fail) every month to the Airtel payment center in Sector-14, Gurgaon. Then, I started using my online airtelworld account to make payments via HDFC net banking facility, which worked fine for few months. For the payment of my bill for the month of MAY’ 07 amounting to Rs. 450/-, I made an online payment using my airtelworld account via HDFC netbanking (DATED: 11th June 2007 and TIME: 10:22 AM). Everything worked fine and transaction was successful as usual. I even received the payment realized SMS from Airtel saying that amount of Rs 450 had been realized on 12th June 2007.

But, to my SURPRISE, I found on 12th June 2007 that my HDFC Bank’s statement (through online HDFC NetBanking account only) is showing that the amount of Rs. 450 had been withdrawn twice. I asked Airtel customer care and they told me that it was bank’s mistake and that the amount was only realized once and not twice. Then, I contacted HDFC’s Customer Care (Phone:[protected], Delhi) and filed a compliant (Ref. No.[protected] for this problem of double amount deduction. They told me that the merchant (i.e. Airtel) had claimed the amount twice, one being realized and the other payment amount being in the Airtel’s dummy account, which would be adjusted by Airtel in my next month’s bill. So, a rollback of the second transaction is NOT possible as the bank had released the second amount. I called again the Airtel customer care and told this response from HDFC, but their customer care had no satisfactory answer of where was my other Rs. 450! This cycle of calling customer cares again and again on both sides continued for two months with no result!

FROM AIRTEL’s SIDE NEITHER THE BILL ADJUSTMENT WAS MADE NOR DID THEY CHECK THEIR ACCOUNT WITH HDFC EVEN AFTER ALL THE DETAILS WERE PROVIDED BY ME WELL IN TIME! INSTEAD THEY STOPPED MY OUTGOING CALLS ON NON-PAYMENT OF MY NEXT BILL (of Rs 400/- for month of JUNE’07) FROM JULY’07 AND RENDERED MY NUMBER OUT OF SERVICE w.e.f. AUG’07. I HAD NO CHOICE, BUT TO GET NEW CONNECTION FROM OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER.

I provided all the documentary proofs (along with HDFC bank’s account statement) to Manager (Customer Care) of Sector-14 payment center, but he also failed to clear the STATUS of my payments and did not behave properly. I also made available this information well in time to Airtel’s email: [protected]@airtelindia.com (but no solution provided) and now escalated to higher authorities. After trying hard 2 months, making several calls to customer cares on both sides, I had to give up, change my service provider and follow a wait-and-watch strategy.

FOR PROOFS: I have got all the proofs and anyone can see these for authenticity of every word written here is true and correct!

* Now Airtel is claiming Rs 969 as pending bill amount (which should not include the payment of Rs 450, I already paid in excess through second net-banking transaction).

SEE THE HEIGHT OF HOW AIRTEL STARTED HARASSING ME NOW…

On 10 Dec 2007, an advocate called me from Tis Hazari court (Delhi) and asked me to make the due payment that day only to close the case file as the amount was too small. I told him the case history, but of no use and he asked me to come to courts! I have no problems, but busy with office work also…

Can anyone tell me how to follow up this matter in media? Please reply on my email-id. Many thanks in advance!

Comments

I totally agree with you. I am facing a similar problem. Lets' try to get everyone together who are facing such issues and sue Airtel instead.

As far as that advocate from Tis Hazari is concerned, I got a similar call today... except the fact that I told him "To hell with you". I want to challange them to file a suite against me. I doubt about the authenticity of this caller, since filing a suit is a complicated procedure.

In case you want to communicate with me, kindly mail me.
I had dropped the canara Bank chq.No:631096 dated 17/12/07 for amount Rs. 5000/- payable to Satyandran Menon A/c No;[protected] at Bhopal branch on 17/12/07 afternoon at HDFC Bank Nacharam Branch but till now it is not creditted to the concerned person or it is not debited from the canara bank account from where the cheque is issued. When contacted at HDFC Nacharam not bothered to attend the same. Please do the needful in this regards

N. Sunil Nair
Respected Sir,
with due to respected,i beg to say that i am facing a similar problem that time. I indu bala Dhiman A/c No[protected] opened a account in HDFC bank hamirpur branch. on the time of opening account they commiited to me the limit of the account is 2500/- in three months. whenever your account lessthen 2500/- rs. he diducted the 750/- rs. from my account. But the bank diducted two time 750/- rs from my account every month. i m doing pvt. job in chandigarh. my salary is only 5500/- per month. I m only source o[censored]rning in my home. My father is not well and my mother is house wife. So sir i m very tuff situation that time . so kindly find the problem and judge with me and my parents. I shall be very thank fulto u.
Respected Sir,
with due to respected,i beg to say that I MURLIDHAR SHARMA A/c No[protected]UNKNOWN) opened a account in HDFC bank SURAT branch.

I opened a account in hdfc bank by hdfc general insurance (IRDA) Examination

But I no transation,

I start my account in hdfc bank, so please reply me status my account.

thanks
I agree with you. Airtel have harrased me also a lot. I have been following the complaint currently also and will not leave Airtel until and unless i get the proper compensation.

I would like you and all others who has suffered and given the comments to join a community in orkut named " Consumer Empowerment " in my profile.

We will definately find some way when we all are together.
I had deposited HDFC, M'bai (Reliance Power Refund Order) No. 277548 dtd: 01/02/2008 for Rs. 89,440/-to HDFC Saket Branch on 14/02/2008 to my OD A/C No. [protected] where as this Refund had to be deposited to my Saving A/c No. [protected] (A/c no. was mentioned on the Order). By mistake I had deposited it to my OD accounts. I had made a complaint to HDFC Customer Care & Complaint No. is[protected] dtd: 16/02/2008. I was told some one will talk to me from Saket Branch in 24 hrs. but till writing of this mail no one caontacted me. Please look into the matter.
I, Gulab Singh Sisodia was holding a credit card with ended 8555 number from HDFC Bank.

I paid it as Full and Final payment with receipt # 4608619. But still I’m receiving some unwanted phones (nonsense talk from bank employee) and people at my residence regarding the same by the Bank.

Please take an action against otherwise anything mishappening will go to the HDFC Bank.
I had deposited HDFC, M'bai (Reliance Power Refund Order) No. 2070694 dtd: 01/02/2008 for Rs. 6900/- .The money can be collected from the hdfc savings Old A/C No.[protected] as it is account payee(hdfc account which is closed but mentioned in demat account by mistake) . I had made a complaint to HDFC Customer Care .but they r not giving proper response. Please look into the matter.please suggest what i should do?
my number is [protected]
The best you can do search the FAX number for Sunil Bharti Mital and make a direct FAX to him in his mumbai office.
My boss having this type of problem and he did this and airtel officer not only settle all this but also apologies for the same
try this it will work without any problem you will find the result
Hi Ashish and Ruchir

How u managed this issue. I also got a call from Delhi saying inspector from Tis Hazari court, Delhi, asking me to contact an Advocate R S Verma on a number [protected]. I too doubt the autenticity of this call. I didnt call that advocate. Ashish and Ruchir what u did to get out of this. [protected]@gmail.com
Hi Guys ...can anybody revert with his number as i want to know the authenticity of R S verma...is he a real lawyer
sir so mch