[Resolved]  Airtel Prepaid To Postpaid Migration — Cheat in Airtel pre-paid to post paid migration

Sir ,

My mobile number : [protected]

My name is Karthikeyan. I had Airtel prepaid Since 2005 onwards. Recently I got a call from Airtel telecaller girl(Latha) (don't know her phone number), for migration from pre-paid to post-paid.

She told the post paid plan name is New AES-248 plan.
Migration charge : Rs 300 Refundable deposit + Rs 50 activation charge

Tariffs are below as she explained me in the call.

Monthly Rental : Rs 248
Free mins : 450mins(local/STD to any mobile)

After free mins:

Airtel to Airtel : 30ps/min(local/STD)
Airtel to other mobile: 40ps/min(local/STD)
Airtel to landline :50ps/min(local/STD)
Free local SMS : 200/month
She told one more plan some 499 everything like same above except 1000mins free.

I told her, I want AES-248 plan.

She explained me the procedures and the required documents. I told her to send her executive next day to my office.

Next day a guy came to my office to collect the documents and to fill the application.I forgot his name.I don't know his phone number. He spoke to his Boss(name: Mamta) to get clarify me the tariffs. I just confirmed with him the tariffs. He also told samething. I filled my application and submitted my documents. He gave me a new post paid sim and took Rs 350/-(deposit+activation)

My pre-paid mobile got deactivated and post paid mobile got activated after 3-4days(Meanwhile two guys came for verification to office and home).

Two days later I got a call from Airtel tele caller(different from above persons) for explaining me the tariff I got. I was so shocked to hear the tariffs.

Tariffs she explained:

Monthly Rental : Rs 248
Free mins : 450mins(local airtel2airtel only)
Local call : 50ps/min for any other mobile even for airtel after free mins.
STD call : Rs1.50/min
Free local SMS : 200/month
Some roaming tariffs.

Since I was totally in Shock...I didn't heard the complete plan she explained.

Please somebody tell, What action take against Airtel . I don't have any recorded proof for the tele callers tariff explanations. Please help me to do something. I am so much of disappointed.

Comments

airtel pre-paid — Prepaid to postpaid

I've given a request to airtel for converting my prepaid connection to post paid connection. They took Rs 300 from as charges for the same, gave an empty SIM, and said it will take 5 day for activation aftere address verification. Third day of submitting the application they came for verification, though I was not at home, they took info from the security and went. Now it is two months since I applied for conversion, and no progress in this regard. I visited airtel office 3 time in two months to check the status. My file is almost in dead state. Its just that I wasted time and paid their charges. Looks like the verification guy has to get signature from me. I suggested them that I can invite the guys for a tea at home, so that he makes his next visit with prior appointment. This reminds me of communist party policy, where they d not accept bribe and the work will remain stuck without progress. I'm not sure whether I'll visit their office to follow up on this, in case I do that, I'll try to bribe the Airtel official. though it is a private company, this is the best way to make things possible accepting the fact that I'm located in India.

AirTel — Migration from post paid to pre paid

I had requested your sevice centre at sec 4, dwarka, new delhi for disconnection of no [protected]on 20th july, 09.They advised to contact 121.I contacted 121 the same evening and talked to Ms Namrata, who suggested migration from post paid to prepaid, without any cost, as a better option which I agreed to, Ref. No.[protected], within 48 hrs.Finding no progress in the matter till 23rd, I again talked to 121 on 23rdJuly, ref no 22184885, and was given assurance of resolution of the problem in 48 hrs by sending Airtel, s rep for delivering pre paid sim card and collecting post paid sim from me.Since then there is no change in status, in spite of talking to 121 every alternate day and getting verbal assurances.This is disgusting for an organisation lie AIRTEL which claims to care customers better than the rest and calls for introspection and adopting earnest approach in attending to genuine problems of its customers rather than extendind lip services only thru reps like Namrata, Pooja Khurana, Kanika Mehra, Devinder Singh, Abhijit, Shailendra and others.

P.Swarup

AirTel — migration of prepaid to postpaid

This is to bring to your notice about my worst experience ever had. after a lot mails to the company & Customer care walk-in's at my area branch office & desperate calls to call centre executives nothing have solved my problem.even then waiting patiently for several months,i,ve decided to approach to consumer complaint cell
I hope now at least I will be justified. down below is my 1st complaint copy wrote to the company on 9th October 2009. and the same copy I am farwarding You for your kind persual.

Thanking You Sir,

Yours Sincerely,
P.Ravi Kumar Basu.

Hii,

My name is Ravi Kumar Basu.P, I am from visakhapatnam.i have a complaint regarding my connection for which your people have been trying to solve since 3 months (or might be acting to solve in front of me).which has not be solved till today i dont know weather you (Managers) are aware of this complaint or not ? or you are also not able to solve this problem and trying to act smart? dont just take this as a simple complaint, i want you people to respond on this..since you people are advertising your self (Airtel) as No.1 Net work in Andhra Pradesh.but a network which cannnot solve such a small issue..there is no point of saying the above its just to make your self satisfy but you also must know people will be laughing at you on such false statements.
As an esteemed customer of TATA INDICOM post paid user and prior to that HUTCH user i never faced this kind of problems. let me come to the point basicly i hate going to prepaid for getting recarged time to time & dont know when the balance go off..so, i only prefer for postpaid as per my new job and based on the users in my office i thought of changing my net work to Airtel from TaTa Indicom. and this is the biggest mistake i made. in the month of July'09 as i am in search of some kind of fancy no. i got this no. [protected] and after the confirmation from the dealer that a prepaid no. also can be converted to postpaid i bought this and with in a week time i've applied for migration to postpaid through wox communication, at R.T.C complex, Visakhapatnam. and the requirements along with a deposit of Rs.500/- has be collected by them on the same day stating that for migrating to postpaid it might take 7 to 10 days time. this happend on 06-07-09. After10 days people have come to my house for verification and they have completed thier part. since then i've been in touch with the people of wox communication, they just keep on postponing today, tomorrow and that month rolled away in the month of Aug 2nd week your people have sent me a dummy generated bill to my mailing address with out activating my postpaid sim. when i complained regarding this to the wox communiction dealer he said he will give a manager mobile no. and his name is mr. Srinivas he will be taking care of your problem. you dont belive he is least bothered about the customer problem and never he used to respond on phone and some time if i catch hold of him he just give some excuse and says that it will be solved by today night. this same answer has been repeted by him for more that 4,5 time. but there is no improvement in my problem.
Finally, i went to Airtel Customer care centre on 07-10-09 at Siripuram, Visakhapatnam. where i was asked to wait for more than 25min and sent to your Customer attendent, she heard the whole story and tryed to find out the problem making me sit infront of her fir another 20mins and finally said that there is no postpaid connection with my existing no.its a very silly answer i know that my mobile is in prepaid only and i didnt go to her for confirmation of my sim weather it belongs to prepaid or postpaid. i dont how you people recruit customer Care attendents who dont even understand wht kind of problem a customer is facing and wht solution should be given. and finally i have been given the customer complaint mail id.
This is the story of your net work, for which you people are boosting as No.1 conectivity and Network in Andhra Pradesh. iam really a fruuustaaatedddd..Customer. also iam very much sure i'll be come a hell for you if my problem is not sotted out. this is not threatning..for any good or bad now a days its become more simple to reach public..and i have my own way to solve my problem along with compensasion if you are not in a position to solve. this mail is for your intimation and also for my proof...
hopping a early and positive response from you for a smooth and better relation in future..

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Kumar Basu.P

AirTel — Prepaid to Postpaid migration

I had applied for conversion of my prepaid number to postpaid on 3rd November '2010 and it is yet to be converted. Despite repeated pleas with customer care executives, floor supervisors and the Airtel outlet incharge, where I had applied for the migration, all have failed to provide a solution or help me and get the job done. I am looking to lodge a formal complaint with the police regarding the same.

19588