Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  ALL EATABLES — OVERCHARGING more than M.R.P.

Overcharging by Shopkeepers

In reference to the "Jaago Grahak Jaago" initiative taken by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Govt of India. Please try to implement it as soon as possible as we feel helpless in some matters. Please try to give the contact number of “Consumer Affairs” area wise so that we can dial the number directly.

I have been observing since long time that almost all the Shopkeepers and Dhaba owners who own Shops and Dhabas on the National Highway No.9 from Hyderabad to Mumbai are charging extra money than MRP. (For Ex. All Soft Drinks Rs.5 Extra than MRP, All Biscuits Rs.2 Extra than MRP, For Chips Rs.2 Extra than MRP and many more…)

Please do the needful ASAP.

Comments

Mangal Dairy — Charging extra

The dairy at First cross lane, andheri lokhandwala mumbai charges extra on many things like softdrinks, packet milk, bread.
The milk is not of good quality at times.
I hope the authorities take some action as soon as possible.

Harsh..

Lays, Pepsi, Brittania — Overcharging by Shopkeepers

Please do the needful ASAP.
I want to complain against a shopkeeper, He charge more then print rates of everything.
I hope u will take an action soon because it is not the matter of some amount of money,
but it is unethical and against the law also..
I tried to appose him but he dint listen anything,
Hope you will do somethng...
I m sending u his address

Mangal dairy, 1st cross lane, lokhandwala complex,
swami samarth nagar, Andheri (west), MUMBAI.400053
I, RESIDENT OF DAHISAR EAST ANAND NAGAR MUMBAI-68, IS TERRIBLY HARASSED BY THE DEALERS IN THE AREA, RETAILERS WHO SELL MILK ALSO, THEY CHARGED 50 PAISE EXTRA ON MAHANAND COW MILK AND THEY DONOT HAVE ANY REASON FOR WHY THEY ARE CHARGING. THE RETAILER BEHAVE RUDELY WITH ME AND TREATED ME AS A BEGGAR AND SAID THAT"AAGEY JAO".YESTERDAY NIGHT THE SAME BEHAVIOUR WAS DONE WITH MY FATHER TOO.WHEN MY FATHER STARTED WRITING THE LETTER TO THE INSPECTOR, THE DEALER TOOK THE MRP 12.50 AND CLOSED THE MATTER. BUT TODAY IT WAS A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH ME AND I CAME WITHOUT MILK. I ALSO TALKED TO MAHANAND DAIRY THEY SAID THAT THEIR SELLING PRICE IS 12.50 AND NOT 13. ALSO TALKED WITH THE HEAD INCHAREGE OF MAHANAD DAIRY MR. DHANDHE HE TOLD ME THAT" BEFORE 8 A.M THEY WILL CHARGE 12.50 AND AFTER THAT THEY WILL CHARGE 13. " I AM NOT SATISFIED AT ALL AND HE SAID ME TO BUY THE MILK BEFORE 8 A.M AS TO GET AT THE MRP OTHERWISE THEY WILL CHAGED EXTRA 50 PAISE FOR REFRIGERATION COST. SO PLEASE SIR TAKE THE NECESSARY ACTION .
The Canteen owner in Shaheed Udham Singh Group Of Colleges, Tangori (Mohali) sells cold drinks at a price that is more than its MRP.
Please take the required action.