[Resolved]  ALPHA -TELECOM — mobile scam

email received "YOUR MOBILE WON 550,000 POUNDS IN THE ONGOING ALPHA-TELECOMS INTL MOBLILE PROMO IN UK TO CLAIM SEND NAME AND ASSRESS IN EMAIL TO claim.live.co.uk

PHONE NUMBER OF ORIGIN[protected] IDENTIFIED AS CALL CENTRE

Comments

Just received the same message today!
Same here: Buggers woke us up at 1.27am (Australian Time). Requested name and address via email to [protected]@live.co.uk. Take care out there :-)
same, stupid me gone and sent them my name and address, what should i do? now that ive sent them my details?
Hello!!!
Same. Received it at Australia Eastern daylight saving time of 11:50pm. I replied with a rude "Go and get ..., it's midnight here!" Likely to be a waste of energy! ha...Still wouldn't mind 550, 000 ponds though. Recently traveled to Europe and roamed while I was there. Possibly picked up the sniffer while I was O/S.
The only difference with my SMS it was from [protected]. Slightly different number but bound to be the same call center. email was the same: [protected]@live.co.uk. Stay sharp folks, it's bound to get more complex as technology advances.
in Aussie at 1-14 am.. not switched on overnight to avoid this sort of crap. picked it up in the morning
Had mini daydream under shower on getting that much bread. then deleted it,
and on with my day.
Go Aussies in Delhi.
wouldn't mind follow up report from anyone who responded
I sent in my name and address and they replied via email with a pdf letter wanting my information again as well as a letter from the CEO Cordelia Krause Hallman - this letter explains the Randomly Conducted Lottery Promotional Offers. So I am online checking out the websites and found this :(
Despite the punctuation errors, the shoddy quality of the letterhead and the fact that the CEO's inserted signature is the same as the Prize Administrator I really wanted to believe it was true. Thank you for your comments it has helped me
RECEIVED A TEXT ON WEDNESDAY OVERNIGHT FROM ALPHA TELECOMS UK WON 550, 00 ENGLISH POUNDS. DID SOME DETECTIVE WORK THE ADDRESS IN THE UK IS NOT PART OF ALPHA TELECOMS UK. SENT THE SO CALLED CEO A E/MAILED MESSAGE .INFORMED HER THAT WE ARE NOT MUGS OR FOOLS . TOLD HER TO GET SOME BAD LUCK.
i was stupid and silly enough to think it was real and sent my name and address via email i will see what happens next...let u in on what goes on.
Ok...me too but from [protected], otherwise exactly the same message. Cynicism made me google the thing first but my little heart was pretty excited lol. Oh well, back to work ...
Just received the same message today! but in a efferent numbers used [protected]
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Except now they want me to sign a form to release funds from their 'temporary bank account'. I wonder what they want - is it money laundering? Or just all our details to use for fraud?
I just got one this morning from a +590 number. Looked it up apparently it's from a country called "Guadaloupe"!!! I've never even heard of this place! So disappointed. Could really do with £555, 000!!!
Just got one the same in the middle of the night (australia)! Thought it was a scam! Dont know how they got my number as I've never used this in the UK (Australian mobile). I had to claim via email or phone [protected]...
I received a sms message saying that I have won 550, 000 pounds and that I can claim the funds if I give them the full name and address. Later, the say that the fund has been transferred to a temporary account at NatWest Bank and the operations director is Mr Thomas Stratford. They have signatures on it.

Afterwards, they come back with an email saying that we need to provide the documents for legal purposes so that they can release the funds to me.

Is this money laundering. Very dangerous. Thank goodness, I did not agree to give them a copy of my passport details nor sign anything on the fund transfer order.
I also sent details to claim $550, 000 pounds, by all the forum comments I guess I'll never see it.
Same goes, I received a txt from phone number[protected].Straight away i thought -nothing's that easy.
We received the same txt but from a different number [protected]. beware and take care
I got the same message "YOUR MOBILE WON 550, 000POUNDS IN THE ONGOING ALPHA-TELECOMS INTL MOBILE PROMO IN UK.TO CLAIM SEND NAME AND ADDRESS IN EMAIL TO [protected]@live.co.uk"
The number that sent it was [protected].
550, 000 pounds would have been nice, *sigh* then my phone later that day told me that a website address was trying to access my phone that had a different name to its certificate. I would like to know what these people are attempting so if anybody finds anything else out please post it!! thank you all for your helpful comments.
I just got the message today!!! man..wad a dissappointment..Can't stop imagining if it was for real :#...n'ways.. bugger.. what a waste of time thinking about it..
I was trained before that they would want you to send them the details to thier email from your computer so when they reply, they can access and steal the information from the computer once you open the attachment.. Well they are trying thier luck just incase you open your email from the office computer with all the servers connected then its a bravo! for them...

Australia