[Resolved]  APC India - HI 800 SQ — Replacement of HI 800 SQ UPS Battery under warranty

From,
D. M. Shah,
[protected]@yahoo.com
Phone:[protected]
Cell:[protected]

To,
M/S APC Corporate Office (india)
27 Lavelle Road, Bangalore 560001

Sub: Replacement of HI 800 SQ UPS Battery under warranty (6UPS100F – TAFE/PS)
Ref: Inverter Serial No. BB [protected], Battery Serial No. UPA 7108047 (AMCO)

I purchased HI 800 SQ Home UPS vide Invoice No. 044 dated 20th Feb 2007 from your dealer M/S Adi Shakti Enterprises, Mulund, Mumbai (Now moved to Airoli, Navi Mumbai). The original inverter serial no. BB [protected] was replaced with the current inverter serial no. BB [protected] by M/S Om Sai Services, Thane.

6 UPS 100F was serviced by the dealer M/S Adi Shakti Enterprises regularly. When I observed that the battery was getting hot, I lodged a complaint with your customer service. Complaint no. C[protected]. I have the Service report from Om Sai Services, Thane dated 27th Nov 2008, which can be furnished if needed.

The battery is under warranty and requires a replacement as per the service report. I have put up a request through my dealer M/S Adi Shakti Enterprises immediately after the service report was received in November. I am also following up with Mr. Anand Kolte, an APC executive on mobile no.[protected].

I am sorry to inform that no positive action has been taken by either APC or my dealer since the last 2 months. In these circumstances, I have no option but to approach the consumer grievances forum to ask for justice.

D. M. Shah