[Resolved]  Aviva Life Insurance — Fraud & irresponsible people!

I am the Landlord for Aviva's Office in my building complex in Gangtok, East Sikkim. Initially we had agreed that a sum of 50, 000/- would be charged as rent per month as use of their office space in Gangtok. Also a six months rent in advance woulded be charged a security deposit which would amount to Rs. 3, 00, 000/- (Rupees Three lakhs). Later on, as office furnishing work started the Branch Manager of Gangtok Branch spoke to me and asked me for help regarding furnishing the Branch which I was interested in as the office is in my building complex and thus was my lookout that the office had to turn out to be the best office at that time. I was willing to help in any ways that I could. Even sit at the office the whole day just to see work in progress!! After our discussions about the office furnishing, in the end of our discussions the Branch Manager and another person accompanied by the branch managertold me that their office expense would come up to Rs 3, 42, 000/-.Also I was told that the company cannot purchase anything on their own as it was company policy and so the Cost amount of Rs. 3, 42, 000/- would be transferred to my account and I was instructed to pay off the sum if ever required by the company. It was during this particular discussion that I asked what the money for the furnishing of the office would be called as it was about to be transferred in my account and I was reluctant but was assured at the time that it would be called non-refundable security deposit and that I had nothing to worry about. I clarified and confirmed with Mr Kranti who was then then regional head or something and Mr. Harjeet who was the branch manager at the time and also Mr. Ishan was an advisor or S.F.M. and a freind of mine, who was there along with us at the time. The money which was to be transferred to my account would be termed as non-refundable security deposit! The discussion took almost 2 hrs as I asked for clarification before the transaction was made and I was assured that the additional 3, 42, 000/- would be non-refundable security deposit. So we agreed that a total payment of Rs. 6, 25, 000/- would be made to me from which 3 Lakh was the Interest free Security Deposit & Rs 3, 42, 000/- would be non-refundable Security Deposit. I am not denying the fact that I received the amount i.e. Rs 6, 42, 000/-. I did receive it but only as 3Lakhs refundable security deposit and the remaining as non-refundable security deposit.
It is only today that I get a call from Mr. Kranti and some Mr. Pankaj or whatsoever who has the ordacity to call me and tell me that I have taken the extra Rs 3, 42, 000/- and that it would be refundable by me!!!??? Not only that, he claims that I actually have to pay back Rs. 8, 40, 000/- in total when all I have with me as security deposit is Rs 3, 00, 000/- . This person was not present in the scene at the time of the happenings and knows nothing of what happened and yet has the confidence to make a complete fool out of himself by telling me that this situation is backed up by an entire company!!! Does the whole company even know my name or that a branch in Sikkim ever exists!!!?? When have AVIVA resorted to threatning??? This is completely uncalled for and very immature on the company's part to let such people take key decisions. As of now i am considering sending them an evivtion notice and if any of you are about to get into anagreement with Aviva then please do not trust them in anyway. The standard line is, "we'll never leave your place, its only a formality"!!!. so please be aware people and also if there is anyone landlord who's faced the same wrath then please feel free to cantact me. thank you.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I Have two Insurence policies LFG1290049 is of Rs.2, 00, 000 and RPG1307327 is of Rs.4, 00, 000 I invested such a big amount in your company because of good faith on Aviva life insurence. These to policies are sold to me as "Single Premium" by your employee
"Mr.Rahul Singh" Sales Maneger of Jaipur branch of your company at that time.

One policy (LFG1290049) of Rs.2, 00, 000 is comverted in Single Premium but the other one (RPG1307327) is not, so to convert it into single Premium I have visited to your Jaipur branch several times but they told me it canot be doen, Where as you can do one thing you can pay remaning two years Premium amount before 7/08/09 and we can reinstate your policy, for that I had arreange Rs.8, 00, 000 by my personal sorceses.

After that I have visited your Jaipur branch several times and mentioned them
that Please reistate my this policy before 7/08/09. and I have complaint through mail on
your [protected]@avivaindia.com and I also called several times on your customer service tollfree Number and also I have given hand written complaint letters in your Jaipur branch for these I have acknoligement from your branch with me, but no satisfactry answer was given to me I have raised this issue sinse June 2009.

I think they have Intentional delayed my request so my last date of 7/08/2009
should pass on, when I invested my heard erned money (6, 00, 000/-) into your compony
I thought that Aviva India is a big and trustable MNC where my money should be safe, but now I think that this is totaly froad going on with me, in first place they misssaled me the policy telling me that this is a one time policy and now after delying my due date of 7/08/09 they are asking me that now pay 12 Lakhs Rs. so we can reistate your policy.

So sir this is again a humble request from me to you that I have only 8 lakhs Rs
and that is a total amount of 12 Lakhs (4, 00, 000/- Inicial premium + 8, 00, 000/-of two Istalments ) so please either make my policy a paid up (one time as it was sold to me)or
take my 2years Istalments of 8 Lakhs Rs and reistate my policy. And sir please do help me so I can over come this mental Harisment which I am going through.
I WILL BE VERY THANKFULL TO YOU PLEASE REPLY SOON
ANIRUDH SINGH

Aviva Life Insurance Company India
    Aviva Life Insurance Company India Phone
    Aviva Life Insurance Company India Address
    Aviva Tower, Sector Road, DLF Phase V, Sector 43, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122003