Show menu
FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Balarco co-operative housing society, Rajarhat, Kolkata — Action against defauler, co-operative society

I am one of the members in a Co-operative Housing Society registered under the West Bengal Cooperative Societies Act.Our land regisrtation is complete and we have opened a cooperative bank account as per law and formed a cooperative fund for further architectural plans and approval. Now that one of our member has failed to deposit the amount by the given date as per our resolution and he is not co-operating with us any more. My question is, is there any such legal proceeding by which our co-operative can take any step against him so that the co-operative's further proceeding can not be hampered?
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet


Depends on what kind of non-cooperation the person is showing. If the person has defaulted in payment, there is no law to hold the person responsible under cooperative mode. It's common for people to default in payment for financial crunches.

In this situation, there could be two solutions:

1. Seek help from a financial institution. The institution can keep the person's share of property as mortgage and give some loan. This will be helpful in getting the project completed.
2. Put an ad in a local news paper and get a replacement for the defaulter. The defaulter can then transfer the account to the new applicant.

Samsul Ali

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment

    Contact Information


    Complaint categoryCategory: Real Estate
    Add Company Information