[Resolved]  Bank Lockers — Theft

Hi All,

We around 46 people in chirgaon facing a huge problem in central bank of India. Last week (29th and 20th Nov) there was huge theft in lockers of Central bank of india branch of chirgaon. Thieves broken in to the bank on friday evening by cutting the windows rods using gas cutter, after that they cut the power supply and after that they cut the 5 inch thick strong room's gate and finally they cut open around 46 (none of them were empty)lockers and looted around 40+ crores of gold(40+ kg), silver(200 kg) and cash. So far police is unable to get any clue. We have talk to the MD of the bank and it looks like they are not in mood of make any compensatation. I am wondering what could we all do to get our life saving back.

There are couple of things to note

1. There was no chowkidar (guard) for last two years in the bank. MD told me that they have sacked the guard because police declared that it is low risk area.

2. Strong room gate is around 30 years old and it is expired as per godrej standard

3. There was no tv surveliance

4. Siren system was not working when the thieves have cut the electricity wire. While it should have rang while they were cutting the power supply wire.

With these facts I am wondering if there are ways to get bank guilty of negligence and hence force them pay us the compensation.

thx,
Abhi

Comments

Any one wish to contact us in chirgaon can easily reach us at [protected].

thx,
Abhi
I think, banks should provide some minimum guarantee/insurance on these lockers as customer is paying money for locker service. People are taking these lockers thinking that they are safer than their home but it doesn't seems the case. It is a clear case of negligence and bank should accept its fault.
This Clear case complete negligence from bank side they have to coz RBI in a draft clearly mentioned that the relationship of banl locker holder and bak is not of tenant & howse owner one ...It is much more than that and banks need to provide fool proof security to consumer's wealth against any kind of theft ...

Complaint categoryCategory: Banks