Barista Lavazza Coffee Shop — Fraudulent Activities

South Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
 riddhi_mehta5
This complaint is agianst the fradulent & misleading activities conducted at the Barista Lavazza Coffee Shop in South Mumbai (near Sterling Theatre). Its one of the most visited coffee shops & a very established name but recently since a month or two all I have eperienced is fraud!

It was before a month an half i.e November 2010 when I visited the Outlet near Sterling Theatre of Barista. I had ordered a REGULAR CAPPUCCINO which is rated at INR 55 + Tax. When i called for the bill the attendant there gave me a bill of INR 90 + Tax. The reason given was that they didnt have the normal coffee beans & had to use the international beans. As a service provider wasn't it their duty to confirm with the customers that since regular coffee beans were not available can they use another beans or would we want to change the order! However since it had happened for the 1st & paid the amount.

A week before in Mid December 2010 history repeated itslef & also at the same outlet! This time again with the same reasons!

On 26th December 2010 there was a new menu card for the week till new years! Now I ordered for an Irish Cafe which was not in the new menucard but was present in the older menu! The Irish Cafe costs INR 79 + Tax. When I called for the bill the attendant simply tells that the bill is of INR 160. On asking for a clarificaton all we get to know is that the rates have increased! Now the most high end coffee of Barista comes in the range of INR 130 or so. On asking the attendant on new ratecard all they mentioned is we do not have it on papers.They were completely trying to con the customers. When a query was raised to the attendant on the costliest coffee of the outlet they could not even answer. The started bargaining on the bill & then are telling the price is INR 130 for an Irish Cafe. Since this had been regularly happening with me I denied to pay the said amount & was willing to pay the regular amount of INR 79 + Tax i.e INR 89. Despite of this the attendant took INR 100.

Its a case of pure fradulent & Con activities being carried on by the evening & night staff of the Barista Lavazza Sterling Theatre Outlet.

Request for a stringent action to be taken against the sub staff of that outlet.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0