[Resolved]  BHEL Site office, GGS Refinery, Bathinda — Delay in Credit of Salary through Multi City Cheque - reg

I was working with BHEL, GHTP, Lehra Mohabbat and I have been transferred to GGS Refinery, Bathinda. Since, I had no other account in Bathinda and nearby, I had no option but to deposit my salary cheque for June, 2009, in my SB Account No.[protected] at SBOP Lehra Mohabbat, which has not been credited till date.

Multicity Cheque No.000036 dated 30.06.2009 for Rs.26607/- of State Bank of India, Kikar Bazar, Main Branch Bathinda was deposited on 02.07.2009 in my SB Account No.[protected] and till date the amount has not been credited to my account. Whereas this amount should have been credited within 2-3 days of the deposit of the cheque. Almost 15 days have passed and this is the state of affairs at SBOP at Lehra Mohabbat. On talking to Mr.Mishra, I learnt he had sent the cheque for clearing to Bathinda without seeing the cheque amount payable at par with all SBI branches of India. Very casual attitude of the staff of the branch has cost me a lot, I had to deposit the admission fee of the new semester of my son. and the amount had to be borrowed from my relative.

I want that interest on the amount for the days beyond 2-3 days may be given to me and recovered from the staff, who is responsible for the delay in credit of the amount in my SB Account, otherwise I shall have no option but to approach Consumer Court.

Regards & Thanx