[Resolved]  Big Flicks — Big Flicks sending baseless threatening mails to earn money

I received a threatening mail recently from the legal department of Big flicks (Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group company). They were claiming that I have to submit Rs. 798/- within 10 days of receipt of the legal letter failing which a case of some legal section on forgery and mall-intentions will be due on me.

interestigly though, I had never received any intimation regarding the same and even more, I am a running membership holder with a legal right to keep the DVD with me for "any amount of days' as clearly indicated in the Terms & Conditions. The legal department did not even verify that I have a running membership and thus, can not be charged like this.

When I retaliated and approched the representing Lawyers, they gave a standard response "we get x amount per letter. We got a list and had to send legal notices. We were doing our job". he even went to an extent to mention that such mistakes are common in such companies.

When I approached company representative, he cross-verified the details and agreed to the membership but did not apologize for the inconvenience caused due to their threatening mail. ALthough he did promise to give me an NOC (No-Objection Certificate) although I was furious to take him to the Consumer court for such a threatening incident.

I wonder how many fellow Indians are cheated by such corporate robbers for earning petty amount. I strongly protest against Big Flicks and their illicit intentions of earning cheap money.

If contacted, I can show terms and conditions and a copy of threatening mail which I received from the company's lawyers.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other