Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Binani Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. , 165 B. L. Saha Road, Kolkata; An Authorised Workshop Of Tata Motors — Cheating and exaggerated billing in connection with servicing of a TATA CAR

My car a TATA indica V2 (WB02V7627) met a road accident on 3rd october, 2009 at Ekdalia park, near Gariahat, Kolkata. It was hit at left wall by a Maruti-800 car which was coming out of a nearby passage and suffered damage. The car was again hit by a TATA SUMO at the back side when my driver tried to avert the first accident by backing the car. The car is insured with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company. So I took the car to BINANI AUTOMOBILES PVT. LTD. at B. L. Saha Road, Kolkata, which is an authorised work shop of TATA MOTORS for repair on 8th October, 2009. I also submitted an Insurance claim to HDFC ERGO through the workshop. The service centre on seeing the car told me that Insurance company might approve the claim for the side wall damage but would not approve the claim for back side damage. Since the car had some other previous scratches at different places I came to an agreement with the company for refurbishing all the previous scratches along with the damage caused in the second collision at a cost of Rs. 2300/-. The cost of repairing the main damage was left with the claim to Insurance company. Apart from the above, the workshop charged Rs. 1200/- for thorough mechanical service of the car, Rs. 200/- for spares, Rs. 1400/- for cleaning Engine and change of filter and Rs. 500/- for engine oil change. Total = Rs. 5600/- + Insurance amount against the claim for repair of side wall damage (first collision). Incidentally the Insurance company approved the claim for both the two damages.
On 16th October when I went to Binani Automobiles to take delivery of the car, I find it has neither repaired all the scratches on the body of the car neither has it repaired the back side damage charges for all of which were included in the repair charge of Rs. 2300/-. More over it has submitted a bill of Rs.14405/- to me as total charge of the repair. When I asked "why all scratches and the back side damage are not repaired when I paid Rs. 2300/- for all these job" the company dealing assistants were not able to give any answer. The Manager/ owner said all these can not be done within this amount. Asked about why you have included entire Insurance claim within the bill while I have already paid for the repair of the back side (within the Rs. 2300), no answer was there.
I have not taken the delivery of the car. It is left in the work shop. I want that TATA MOTORS take proper action for settlement of the dispute and if required cancell its authorisation.
Complaint comments  3 Comments     Updated: ShareTweet

Comments

I have myself face harassment from Binani automobiles. Bad service agency.
I have faced similar cheating. Charged more than estimate. later, Found out that the actual problem was minor. Air condition required some gas re fill but they proposed to replace the ac! Another instance they charged almost double to the estimate! Gear shifting is more harder than before! Problem rather increased in my car: (
Very Poor . They change parts without your consent & charge you . In my case it was the door opener which also broke in 2 days . I complained them & a madam from there side told me that they will change without any cost . But when I reached there they just refused . Their charges are also very high . Not only this I have also got harassed in other ways which I am not writing .Very disappointing .