[Resolved]  Canara Bank — bouncing of cheque without any valid reason

I have given a CHEQUE ( NO - 804932 DATED - 3/11/2009 represented on 5/11/2009 ) of RS. 40'000 /- of yours BANK as an booking amount of 6 persons to a HOLIDAYS PACKAGE COMPANY but few days later I got a call from that package company that your cheque is bounced & when i asked them the reason for bouncing , then they showed a letter from ' axis bank ' saying ' cheque return advice ' & the reason mentioned in that letter was ' insufficient funds ' .
But for your information i was having the balance of more than rs. - 77,000 in my account at that time. when I contact your bank they had shown no reason against my complaint. because of this my travel package got cancelled & now i have paid an additional of rs - 64000/- in that package because they were running some scheme at that time & at the time of representation of cheque the scheme was finished. now i feel being cheated by your bank & lost my self respect against that company & i feel mentaly harrased these days.

please give me a compensation of Rs. 1 Lac against the loss i suffered & for my self respect . or else i will go to consumer forum for this. please do the needful & try to understand my position.

Amit Khurana