[Resolved]  Central Railway, Thane Station — Parking Contractor charging more

Parking Contractor in Thane Railway station charge more than required.
It is displayed as for parking of 2Hrs - 6Hrs he should charge 5rs. But he charge 15Rs always whether its 5 mins or more.
he was drunk too.
Said railway has decided to charge Rs15 always

Comments

yes he charges more than what is written
I have experienced the same thing. The guys at parking lot are arrogant & they behave with ladies also very arrogantly. These people damaged My vehicle & when I approached them & found that everybody there was drunken.
We will have to launch a complaint against them. I suppose this parking comes under central railways.

Thanks & Best regards

Sandip Jathar
sandip.[protected]@audiencemap.com
I am living in Mulund but i take my train fom Thane station.rom last three year..Daily i keep my bike in Central Railway parking and take i retrun from office in night.. from this Jan2011 ..Some another firm take contract of parking...name ATKAN...
Harssing the People...and charging double ..then prvious..i am paying 10 Rs and nnow he is taking 20 Rs.
double...OKay fine ..no worry paying double ...but now we will go through service, ,
Worst ..service ...charging same rate for 12 Hour and 1 Hour...When we tell to retrun money...he give answer to go that counter..then third counter...we dont give money back..you want to tell us...how much time you will park before parking ...So how can we tell before..then...the staff he kept all the drunk...
beggars...no one is educated, , , ..
We think that central Railway sold this property to this contarctor...So he is using ..as he want collection money as he want from public...
Central Raliway Thane ( East End ) Contractor is changed and charging 20Rs for Scooter parking
M/S SHREE KRISHNLAL S ATTKAN
tHEY ARE NOT ISSUING PASSES AND asking custome to spend daily
Please do something about it on urgent basis .. They are very rude too

Contractor M/S SHREE KRISHNLAL S ATTKAN has increased the rates in Feb 11 from Rs 250 to Rs 300 at thane railway parking area East side.
Now he is asking vehicle owners to buy Quarterly pass with approx amount Rs. 400 per month .

Earlier contrator has kept the Rs 250 rate for more than 3 yrs. The new contractor is charging more. It cannot be profitable business as its a public service which railway must do.

Please take necessary action or let us know the procedure. We can not afford these prices.

Amol
20 Rs for a 1 hour parking is a loot, Consumers are taken for a ride
I had similar experience at the Thane East Railway Parking. Parking contractor was charging higer amount than precribed in the contract. I had parked my car for 45 minutes regular Charges Rs.12 but he was asking for Rs.30. Every time they are misguiding customers on charges. There is no rate card board displayed. Why does not railway takes action against him.
Dear All

Agreed with all of you. This parking contractor is corrupted and cheating the common people like us since we do not have time and unity to fight against him. He has taken Rs.1, 100/- from me against parking charges for the period from May, June & July 2011. However, he has not written the charges on monthly pass. When asked about the increased charges, he arrogantly replied that from next day I should park my vehicle somewhere else. Definitely, Railway should take action against this contactor and cancel his contract since this is misutilization of the public property.

Sameer Sonawane
Dear All,

On 20th May 2011, i park may vehicle in parking area. as per cenral railway for -6 hours the charge is RS 12 but they charging Rs 20.

how much they are fraud doing customer. and railway doesn't take any action because all revenew goes to railway officer and contractor
THANE STATION WEST PARKING CONTRACTOR M/S SWATI PRASAD DALVI, IS RUDE AND GIVING PATHETIC SERVICES. THEY ASK USERS NOT TO LOCK THE HANDLE, however, THEY DO NOT GIVE ASSURANCE OF SAFETY OF THE VEHICLE. MOROVER THEY ARE CHARGING RS. 20/- WHEREAS ANOTHER CONTRACTOR IN THE SAME AREA (DADAPATIL WADI) CHARGES RS 10/-. WHY THIS DISCREPANCY AND DISCRIMINATION ???????????????????????? HE SHOULD CHARGE 10 ONLY.

HOW DO I KNOW THAT ACTION IS TAKEN ON MY COMPLIANT.

[protected]@gmail.com
I too agree that Rs. 20 for two wheeler parking for a time duration of less than an hour is too much.

The rate he mentioned on the board is Rs. 20 for 12 hours. However, he is charging a flat charge of Rs. 20 even if the bike is marked for less than an hour.

This is unjust and we definitely need to fight such malpractices.
The thing is...Thane west pay and park contract is with M/s R. T. Corporation. But the R. T. Corporation has given this contract to any sub contractor, who is charging according to him.

As we all are always in hurry, nobody bother to ask the question about it. I tried it many times but at the same time other public pay Rs. 20 and just leave. So my argument doesn't make any sense.

Lets come together and fight..
Even I was shocked when he asked me Rs.20 for 2 hours parking.

Guys, please do not sit quite. Contact to central railway on this number :[protected] or can send their e-mails to [protected]@gmail.com

When I contacted on this number, he took down the complaint and asked me to check rate sheet (authorized by central railway) with contractor.
i am also one of the sufferer. in the morning i parked my new bike there when returned in the evening, there was a big scratch & dent on it.i quarried about it to the attender .he has no reply, they started rough &worse words with me .I have no choice except leaving.They should be stopped harassing common people. lets be united & take some against them. one day when i came to take my bike then i found side stand and foot paddle is broken. when i quarried he said i will refund the bill payment. the bill amt was rs 540/-. he has not paid till now. he always assure to pay. three months has already passed.
THANE RAILWAY PARKING CONTRACTOR (EAST SIDE) CHARGE FOR 6 HOURS, EVEN I[censored] PARK YOUR CAR FOR HALF AN HOUR, ON 6.12.12, AT 9.35 PM, I PARKED MY CAR FOR 45 MINUTES, HE CHARGED RS. 30/-, I ARGUED WITH HIM, BUT HE TOLD ME THAT MINIMUM CHARGE IS RS.30/-, WITHOUT ANY TIME FRAME, WHEN I BROUGHT TO HIS NOTICE THE BOARD ( HIDDEN BEHIND THE TREE AND OPP. THE NEWLY OPENED FOOD COURT, WHICH IS FAR AWAY FROM THE PARKING AREA), HE WAS PRESSING THAT RATE WAS FOR BIKES, I TOOK HIM TO THE BOARD AND SHOWED HIM THE RATES. HE RELUCTANTLY REFUNDED ME RS. 18/- (ACTUAL CHG FOR 0-2 HRS IS RS. 12/-). HE ALSO THREATENED ME AND ASKED ME TO DO WHAT I WANT. HE ALSO CALLED HIS FRIENDS AND ASKED ME TO GET LOST. THE GUY WAS DRUNK, AND PLAYING LOUD MUSIC, IN HIS CABIN.
After reading all complaints i realize that i am not the only victim, Every one facing the same issue from long time. Contract for Thane east is again changed and he is not ready to renew the existing passes. Not placed any board disclosing the charges and when asked refused to reply. I travel everyday and paying 20 rs everyday is too expensive for parking my 2 wheeler on my own risk. I have never felt so helpless before. I hope this complaint will lead to some action.

Info for records,
Approached for renewal of pass -4 oct
pass cost till Sep 2013 -400 rs

prathamesh. [protected]@gmail.com

Since last 2-3 years, I am parking my bike at Thane East Parking (Behind/Nr Bus depo) in Railway east premises. First they were charging Rs. 10-15 for a day, then I took monthly pass of Rs. 300/- Pm.Thereafter, they had increased monthly parking charges to Rs. 400/- per month.

As to avoid quarrel, I was paying Rs. 400/- every month to parking contractor. On last week Contractor has changed and Mr. More came as a New contractor, Now they had again increased the parking amount to Rs. 500/- pm. When, I refused to pay the said amount, they told me to pay parking charges per day to them which is Rs. 20/- per day.

Even when they were taking Rs. 300/- & then Rs. 400/- Per Month for Pass, they never provide any receipt for the same.

Kindly look into the matter and advise.

Please guide us where to file complaint against same & where to approach to resolve the above said issue.

Also inform us,
1) From where we can get copy of exact Rules, Agreements, Guidelines etc provided by Railway authority to Contractor.

2) From where we can get all the details through RTI.

3) Any other suggestion/guidance/relief

Vilas Kadam.
[protected]@yahoo.co.in
Parking contractor for thane east railway parking charging 500rs inspite of 300rs per month.
Central railway has declared 300rs permonth.whereas contractor is asking for 500rs per month.
Also the parking people are like gundas.manytimes they uses bad words.they are cheating all the people.
Please sir look into the matter and try to solve our problem.
they are charging monthly pass charge 500 rs inspite of 300 rs per month and they misbehave when ask about rate or rate chart
I had come across this problem many times. Today( 3-Jun-2014) I went to station to see off my relatives at 10:00 PM. I went there by my two wheeler and looking park my two wheeler. They told me the minimum charge is 20 Rs. I told them that minimum charging written on the board is 6 Rs. They stared fighting and told me that If I want I can take my vehicle out of parking. They also challenged me when I told them about complain.
I seek to the help from the GRP sitting on the platform in Thane(E). He suggested me to complain in GRP office in Thane(W). He gave me the number [protected]. When I called him they gave me another number by saying that parking does not come under them. So I went to Thane(w) to GRP office after 30 min. They said Parking area does not come under them. It comes under Naupada police.And he suggested me to complain there.
They could have visited the area and verify that. They just threw the problem in others pocket.Finally, I paid 20 Rs for 30 min. I also called [protected] number twice around 11.10 PM. But no one picked up the call.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other