[Resolved]  Chevron Petroleum Development Company of England — 2009 Chevron U.K World Wide Mobile Award

I have received an SMS from TA-Chevron regarding above subject. On query, it is found that many people have also received such sms and email asking them to deposit certain amount in some account. please ensure the truth behind such lotteries and take steps to stop such frauds.

Comments

I too recieved the same email
saying that i will get the amount on 5th august
n i recieved a certificite withe the same claiming me the winner in this lucky draw..
can some one help me to judge that is this all true or a fake
I too received such mail saying i was the winner is it true pls help me
SIR I GOT A MESSAGE REGARDING MOBILE DRAW.
IN THAT MESSAGE IS WRITTEN THAT I WON 500000 GBP...AND TO CONTACT MR MARTINS
i too got this SMS and i feel dought regarding the lottery. But still i want to know the truth. call me on [protected]
Same way I got SMS through my mobile. But When I passed through www.chevron.com the followings are found. Its really SUPER BUMPER FRAUDS
***Lottery Winner Scam***

Individuals will claim to manage or run a lottery offered by Chevron or a subsidiary and ask potential participants to fill out a simple entry form. Alternatively, individuals will claim to offer lottery proceeds in exchange for an "insurance payment." They will claim that the lottery was sponsored by Chevron or a subsidiary.

If an insurance payment is requested, victims are usually requested to send the insurance payment via personal check or a money order. This particular kind of activity is called ADVANCE FEE FRAUDor 419 FRAUD. Neither Chevron Corporation nor any of its subsidiaries offer lottery proceeds in exchange for insurance payments. Whether or not a payment is requested to enter the lottery, Chevron is not associated with the individuals offering these insurance payments or with the individuals who claim to manage or run the lottery. These are not valid offer.
i too got the message saying that i won hte draw. i want to know whether any such kind of draw is true
SIR I GOT A MESSAGE REGARDING MOBILE DRAW.
IS THIS REALLY A PRICE WINNING DRAW.
SIR I GOT A MESSAGE date 14/08/2009 REGARDING MOBILE DRAW.
IS THIS REALLY A PRICE WINNING DRAW.
IN THAT MESSAGE IS WRITTEN THAT I WON 500000 GBP...AND TO CONTACT MR sumit mob no[protected] pls reply my address house no. 625 site -1 vikas puri new delhi 110018
i received a sms on 10th of august regarding the winning of the mobile draw and asked to claim the prize by submitting the details for claiming the prize. please guide the details regarding the winning of the prize of 500, 000 GBP sterling.
Please reply
got an sms to pay rs45000 in advance to get the prize money
I"ve got the message about my win in your mobile draw 2009, so pz send me the detail how to get it.
I HAVE RECIEVED SMS FROM YOU PEOPLE THAT I HAVE WON YOUR MOBILE DRAW 2009 AWARD GBP 50000000. PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS HOW COULD I GET MY PRIZE MONEY. Now he is telling me to pay Rs.38000 and collect the money from him from delhi.
I had got message from chevron petrol company that i have won 500000 GBP through chevron int'l mobile award and suggested to claim for prize. I claime and also given my details. When i saw this fraud about i was very angree. Who responsible for it, where award sponsered or mobile operater company. I am in planning to register police complaint. Should i? And if i should then, in whom favour i should register police complaint. Reply.
i too had got same message from same company. I tried out to find if it is for real but than i saw this thread on net where every one else seems to have got same messages. This is complete fraud & needs to be digged out for this scam.

Sir I got message in my Mobile as well as in my Mail with winning certificate that I have won 500, 000 Pounds... is this true?.. If yes how can i can get this prize.. can i give all my contact details to u... pls reply me..
i have also received an SMS stating that i have won the price money of 500000 pounds. in the SMS they told for to contact Mr. franksteve and mail ID chevronp [protected]@gmail.com. i have written a letter for to give more details. then i have received a soft copy certificate. in the mail they are asking the following information to send.
1.Complete names
2.Mobile number
3.Occupation and Phone Number
4.Mailing Address ( Complete Residential address State and Country)
5.Age
6. Marrital Status
7. A scanned copy of your international passport or driving license(Valid) via email or fax(+[protected].

Where to send How to send i dont know.
they have given the following address

GLOBAL MONETARY EXCHENGE COURIER SERVICE
Link House, 1C CHURCH STREET,
WHITECHURCH, HANTS,
RG28 7AD ENGLAND.".

why they want my driving liocence/ pass port scanned copy, i don't know.
if somebody have any information regarding this please call me/ give me missed call
[protected] (india)
sir i got a message that you have won 500.000 pounds from the 2009 chevron INT'L MOBILE AWARD AND asked me to claim your prize contact Mr frank steve i did not know what is this pls some one tell me about this to tell me about this pls call me on [protected] or [protected]
How gullible are you people? Ignoring the umpteen trillion to one odds of these messages being genuine, do you really think they would tell you by text?!

Complaint categoryCategory: Other