[Resolved]  Citibank, Kaviraj Housewares, Gift 360 — Card Fraud

I got a charge of Rs. 36, 289 on my Citibank card because someone used my card number to call Kaviraj House Wares/ Gift 360 to order some products.
I blocked the card immediately.

Then the same guy called again and ordered more products from my new Citibank card with a new card number which was not even activated or used once! Now instead of an iPod and a Nokia N95, he wanted a 16gb iPhone!

How did he get that new number I wonder, which I had not even signed on or taken out of the Citibank envelope.
And after 4 months, on 15th July 2009, Citibank has reverted that I will have to pay that amount, which I have disputed yet again. So the matter is pending.

The problem is Kaviraj House Wares and Gift 360, because they accept orders from strangers over the phone without verifying the authenticity. And just with the card number. The person I was in touch with Mr Edwin of Gift 360 has quit. Ms Shreya's mobile is always switched off, or no one picks up the mobile number when dialed.

So anyone who has someone's card number (not even the CVV number is required) can call them up and start ordering expensive iPods and Nokia N95s for free!

Scary.

Comments

Kaviraj House Wares and Gift 360 can be contacted on[protected]
Mr Pushpinder or Ms Shreya, Ms Bhanu.
Gift360 seems to be a fraud company. They will get the money from you, keep it to themselves for few days and return the money stating that the products are not available at the moment. No one will respond to your queries after sales is done. There are people named Sandeep, Malathy, Akil who will never help you in anything and they are known as the key players in customer service for Gift 360. NEVER EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM GIFT 360. You will end up in frustration without getting the product and you have to call them 100 times to get your money back.
i used kaviraj housewares (gift 360) but i don't hav resived my prodect but my payment was dibet my a/c
so plz block my kaviraj housewares (gift 360) payemt block