Cleartrip.com — Not refunding promised cashback

Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 bornsinner
Not issuing cashback

This is one of those horrible experiences where you seem to go for a offer but fall for a trap. I had booked 4 nights hotel in Gwalior Trip ID[protected]. I had used the PAYHALF offer which mentioned that I would get 40% cashback i.e Rs. 1600/- since I had booked for 4 nights. The refund was promised within 2 weeks maximum. Its been 5 weeks now and after continuous calls the only reply I get is it has been sent for processing. I have checked with my bank and no refund is in process. cleartrip clearly doesnt have a consumer addressal system since they dont have any reference number generation facility for complaints and redressals. I have used other travel portals but have not faced any problem with them yet.

I hope someone from their end looks into it and processes my refund so that further image is not tarnished. You might have lost a customer already. Try not losing more by acting as promised. Please dont fall for these cashback gimmicks from cleartrip, the refund seems to keep you waiting forever.

Prashant Joshi
+91 [protected]

Comments

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you while getting the Cash back on Trip Id [protected].

We will process the Cash back ASAP.

Cleartrip Customer Care
Dear Cleartrip Customer Care,

Before some moment I was going to book a Hotel in Shillong through your website. But, I get little confusion regarding your PAYHALF scheme. Thats why I was searching for some review. But, seeing this types of complaints I get confused, and decide not to book through Cleartrip. I have one question to you -

If you really want to give the discount (10%, 20%, ... 50% or whatever) on PAYHALF scheme, then why you receive the full payment at the time of booking? If you get the discounted amount at the time of booking, then customer may not face this type of problem regarding money refund.

Rajib Deb

+91 95 9533 3333 (Support)
    DTC Bldg, Sitaram Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Delisle Road, Lower Parel (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400011
    Cleartrip.com - Not refunding promised cashback