Compaq Presario Notebook — Defective equipment

Syed Raheel Hussain Hashmi
hi , this is in reference to my Compaq Presario notebook bearing serial # "2ce6491kwd". I bought this notebook in january'2007. since the day one I've been facing problems. at very first time my laptop was replaced with a new one within the first eight days of purchase. few months later the new machine also started giving troubles like the LCD, battery had to be replaced, due to the excessive heating the heat sink and fans were replaced just a few months back.

but now the condition is at critical stage. its heating like anything. the front speaker panel grills have come out, the bottom plastic plate near the battery terminals have worn out!!!

I think this problem is common in all the machines manufactured in this series. one machine can have problem that is accepted, but how come the second one too???

I would consider it as a manufacturing defect and would like to get the refund of full amount paid for the purchase of this notebook by a credit note.

I have already sent a complaint to the HP chairman , HP service center, as well as thinking of addressing this complaint with the help of CONSUMER FORUM / COURT OF MUMBAI OR a legal notice by our lawyer, for the defective equipments being sold.

Waiting to hear from your end.

Thanks, Regards.

Comments

I have purchased HP Pavilion dv1607tu, pn : KP 166 PA, , Suddenly one day after 2 months, I found very small minor scratch like on the screen, which lateron developed into many cracks.I took it to HP service centre and they tell be it is physical damage and the replacement cost would be around Rs 26, 000/-all in all.
I felt it was manufacturing defect, either the screen was fixed tightly without proper support or the glass itself was defective.I dont no what to do, I cannot spend another Rs 26000/-

Compaq Presario Notebook - Defective equipment