[Resolved]  compaq presario v6409tu notebook — drivers not available

I have installed Windows XP professional on my Compaq Presario v6409tu Notebook PC yesterday & then i installed all the drivers and they are working successfully but my sound driver that is Conexant HDaudio Driver is not working.I have searched for the driver on the HP Website but i could not find the sound driver for Windows XP Professional for my laptop.I have installed the driver available on the Website for Vista 32 but still the sound is not working. I am very disappointed by the services given by HP-Compaq as they do not provide with a drivers cd with the laptop and the drivers are not even available on internet. I am really very upset. Please its my heartly resquest please give me at least a satisfactory solution. I will be very grateful to you.

Comments

Need windows XP Pro. Drivers
I also bought this same model last year in September, and it has been exactly 1 year now. At first I too faced a lots of problem in finding the required drivers for my CP V6409TU model notebook. But now everything is solved and I am using without any problem in it.
I am sorry to reply late because just now only I found this webpage and eager to help you. So if you are still having problem with this model, you can freely email me at my mail. Here is my email - [protected]@rediffmail.com. And if you ever need any help you are welcome. Thank you.
HI
I AM HAVING A COMPAQ PRESARIO V6409TU NOTEBOOKPC.
I AM IN NEED OF VIDEO DRIVERS FOR MY NOTEBOOK.
THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE A MANUFACTURER`S SITE.
PLEASE HELP ME.
OK, here again my comment on this model CP V6409TU. Actually when anyone buys a new computer first thing to get is operating system (os), then comes the drivers based on the os. In this case let say Vista & XP. Those drivers available for XP may not (in most cases) be compatible with Vista. So we need separate drivers for both XP and Vista, and in these case if we say the truth all drivers (for every model of computer) are easily & freely available for download. Only fact is we need to know exactly the appropriate driver model for our own computer model depending on motherbaord, sound card or graphics video card.
Actually it is very simple to find out exactly the model of the drivers to download just by using some third party software like DriverMax, Driver Magic or RadarSync. These make so easy to find out the drivers for almost any model of the computer.
Yes, after giving above my email id I got some requests for providing them driver download links, and I tried my best to help them as I could. So this comment is just for slight changes of my email id. My present email id is [protected]@rediff.com and no more [protected]@rediffmail.com. So if anyone ever face problem of finding out drivers please don't hesitate to email me in this new id - [protected]@rediff.com. As best as I can I will take my time to help you. Thank you.
i have compaq v6409tu laptop.the sound drive is not work for my windows xp sp2 .while installing driver at last, they show error as media drive is not in your system and modem drive is not in ur system like that the response while installing drivers. in device manager the pci device and other devices is in yellow colour. give me a way to solve this problem.
dear sir
I have installed Windows XP professional on my Compaq Presario v6409tu i installed all the drivers and they are working successfully but my sound driver that is Conexant HDaudio Driver is not working.I have searched for the driver on the HP Website but i could not find the sound driver for Windows XP Professional for my laptop.I have installed the driver available on the Website for Vista 32 but still the sound is not working.
i have searched and i am very upset with this promblem plsease note this request and solve my promblem
HP notebook Presario V6409TU (o) S.No. CNF7314C7 Audio Driver download
I guess most of you are complaining about audio driver for this model, actually HP does not provide link for both audio & graphics drivers in this model's website. I don't know the reason. In most cases, actually it is technically called as video drivers - it is graphics drivers.
As a help I'm giving you the list of both audio drivers & graphics drivers -
For XP: -
1. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows XP Rev. 14.31
link - http://www.congatec.com/x945-drivers.html
check out drivers list under Windows XP, then click on the last driver's named - win2k_xp1431.exe
(this is the appropriate video graphics driver for this CP v6409tu.

2. Audio Drivers
a) Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (sp33867)
link - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp[protected]/sp33867.exe

1. Graphics Driver :
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family Driver
link - (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp[protected]/sp35850.exe)

2. Audio drivers,
It should have from Microsoft itself, still then you can try this
link ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp[protected]/sp39295.exe

Ultimately, if there is a problem with audio even after audio driver is installed in XP, then its a case with XP Service Pack 3. Here is link for that solution -
Read carefully and follow the instruction given by the author (he is an expert from Microsoft).

Hope that from this post, none is going to have any more problems.
All the best and best of luck.
Cybersupam
in my compaq V6409TU notebook computer using windows xp the audio driver is not installing,
also when i m opening the hard drives and going back to my computer then multiple drives opening
so what should i do give me any solution veryquickly
I have installed Windows XP professional on my Compaq Presario v6409tu Notebook PC yesterday & then i installed all the drivers and they are working successfully but my sound driver that is Conexant HDaudio Driver is not working.I have searched for the driver on the HP Website but i could not find the sound driver for Windows XP Professional for my laptop.I have installed the driver available on the Website for Vista 32 but still the sound is not working. I am very disappointed by the services given by HP-Compaq as they do not provide with a drivers cd with the laptop and the drivers are not even available on internet. I am really very upset. Please its my heartly resquest please give me all driver setup.