[Resolved] Cox And King Service On Cancellation Policy — Huge Cancellation charge incurred without any Terms and Conditions via Credit card
I booked a Holiday Package at Goa on 1st week of Dec, 07 thru Credit Card with Cox and Kings at Kolkata Branch via email and paid the entire package amt as instructed by them within the deadline . The total amount charged thru Credit card was INR 55668 .
The voucher for booking was to be sent along immediately, this has not yet happened inspite of reminding them again and again thru emails, phone calls even today.
Following point I want to bring to the notice :
1) Within 10-12 days of booking, I had to cancel the trip due to an emergency situation and I immediately informed Cox and King Executive on this; I urged them to cancel the bookings with nominal charges
2) Please note that while booking via email no Terms and Conditions existed in the mail on Cancellation Charges; still I requested them for a nominal cancellation charge
3) Cox and Kings buys more time from me and finally says that Hotel – Holiday Inn Goa did not agree to waive the charge and they would take 1 NIGHT retention charge which is approx INR 13,000 +. But Cox and Kings charged us 19,000 approx adding up their cancellation policy too
4) Since the entire amount was transacted thru Credit card, I did not have any option to block the payment.
5) I tried to meet personally the Cox and King executive to spare us with a minimal charge but they always pointed out on the Hotel policy but when asked for cancellation + booking voucher they were threatening us that they wont refund us any amount if we ask for vouchers
I requested them to show me the Hotel voucher details for booking as well as Cancellation charge to which they never sent me any receipt yet which questions their credentiality
7) The cancellation charge of 19,000 is a huge amount which is unaffordable for me and moreover there were no terms and conditions where I had signed. I wish NOT to pay the cancellation charge ; pls advise on how to proceed on this
8) Can't the company (Cox and King) arrive at an amicable, consumer friendly settlement or would they risk tarnishing their reputation in the media?
The entire booking + cancellation was done thru email where there were NO TERMS and Conditions specified. Still we were ready to pay nominal charges after mutual settlement which they did not entertain atall.
I am looking for the refund of the amt, kindly help.
Was this information helpful?
Aug 13, 2020Complaint marked as Resolved