[Resolved]  DEWARS Garage (Insurance) — fraud with insurance ,fooling customers

This is to inform you that a month before a gentleman had called me from Dewar’s and said that they are providing insurance for the maruti car at a discount rates.

My car insurance was expired so I along with my collegue both paid for the insurance, in due course of time my collegue Priyanko paul received his insurance paper but I had not, for my maruti van . having the number WB02N -6430.so I called the gentleman of Dewar’s whose contact number is [protected].

The gentleman informed me that my insurance was already booked from Jalan so he will be sending the cheque back to me, but just after two days on 4th December I fould the cheque got cleared from my account, whenever I called him up he either reject the phone or never take the call, due to office schedule I was unable to reach the insurance office.

On 30th December I called up Dewars insurance regarding the status of the cheque, at that time there Manager Mr.Khetri, having the contact number [protected]. said me that the refund is ready I had to give a letter and receive the cheque, when I reached the office
I was asked to meet the GM of the office, the lady asked me weather I got the money receipt, which I didn’t have, as because at the time the gentleman from Dewar’s visited our office he said Dewar’s don’t issue any money receipt for the cheque payments, as I made several payments of Insurance to ICICI, AVIVA, etc as my savings, they collect the cheque never provide the money receipt and I had issued the cheque on blind faith because Dewar is a big name in Kolkata and I had Issued the cheque in name of Dewar’s Garage and not in the individual name of the person.

I had certain queries on the issue:

1) I had paid a cheque which was cleared in the name of Dewar’s Garage, attached the statement of my bank, please let me know on which account the cheque got cleared.

2) If the employee of Dewar’s is a fraud, why the customer should should suffer for that.

3) When Dewar’s is dealing with public money they should also take necessary action to resolve the customers problem’s because of the inefficiency of there recruitment.

4) Whenever we drop a cheque in a cheque box we expect the cheque will be paid in my account, or will be paid on account of my credit card, or mobile bills, because it was specifically mentioned on there name as I did for Dewar’s Garage.

I hope the management of the Dewars group should understand my problem and arrange to send the money back to me.

My details are as follows :

Name : Raju Panja.
Add : 290/1 jessore road
Kolkata : 700055.
Opp: EMC Factory.
Near : Chinese Temple.
Mobile : [protected]
Res no : 32406579/ 32609100.

Comments

The Manager
Dewar's Garage
Car Insurance Division
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.
(Maruti Car Insurance Ltd)

Dear Sir
I had given a post dated cheque for Rs.3200/- dated 8th instant regarding the renewal of policy No.BA4062111 of my Maruti Omni Regn. No WB02R0870 drawn on Allahabad Bank Gariahat Branch, Kolkata favoring your company.
Now as I have sold my above mentioned car therefore I request you not to present the cheque and as well I have already intimated my banker to stop payment of the said cheque.
It will not be out of place to mention that I am highly satisfied regarding the dealings you have made so far with me. I also assure you that I am going to purchase another Car within this month and then I will definitely seek your cooperation regarding the new policy. Meantime please do the needful and oblige.

Swapna Kar
13/15 Swinehoe Street
Kolkata-700 019.
This Dewar's Garage employees are like this only. They always provide false committment, tells lie and never bothers for customer.

Subhajit Saha
This is nothing new with Dewar's Garage. They are used to such kind of stuff, where their employees make all sorts of false commitments to customers, just to sell their products and services and later the management takes no responsibility of such commitments. I even doubt that anyone at Dewar's Garage is even listening to the Voice of Customer...
I have had an experience similar to that of Mr Raju Panja. I have always insured my car with Bajaj Allianz, and so when Sudipto Sen contacted me with all the details about my car and claimed that this year Bajaj had a tie up with Dewar's Garage, I had no reason to doubt him. I gave a cheque in favour of Dewar's Garage, which was debited from my account in mid-February and I still have not received my policy. What is worse is that my policy expires tonight, and I dont know if it has been renewed. This Sudipto Sen is still avoiding my calls.

I asked a friend to call him from a different phone, and Sudipto Sen very convincingly told him that it was a wrong number and that he did not know anyone with that name.

Thanks to Mr Panja, I shall certainly make xerox copies of my receipt and then visit Dewar's garage. At present I cannot insure my car even online as it has somehow been blocked by Dewar's.

M.G.Chakraborty
This is with reference to my previous letter. I see that I have omitted several vital details about the motor insurance that I wanted to buy from Bajaj Insurance. I paid a Rs 3670 in favour of Dewar's Garage with a cheque dated 11thFebruary 2013 drawn on SBI against receipt no. 12598 issued by Sudipto Sen representing Dewar's Garage and collecting for Bajaj Allianz. Sudipto Sen had a printout of my policy and all relevant details and I thought that he got it as he was representing Bajaj Allianz.

I have always bought my Motor insurance from Bajaj and now I am so angry with them as well that I am planning to shift to National Insurance. I think Bajaj Allianz should also take care to see that they are not misrepresented by untrustworthy people as they are eroding good will of loyal customers.

M G Chakraborty
After I complained yesterday on this forum, and again directly to Bajaj Allianz at their customer care address that I found on another post on your site, they got back to me within an hour, via email to my id promising to take care of the problem, Today I received my original policy from the insurance company and a copy from Dewar's Garage also at the same time. My policy states that it was issued on the 14th of this month, but I went through tremendous tension and harassment from the 20th to the 26th.

While I am happy about the prompt response to my complaint, a little more efficiency would have left me with no reason to complain or feel negative about Bajaj Allianz and Dewar's Garage.

M G Chakraborty