[Resolved] DHL Packers And Movers — Damage to Goods and Improper service
SS V Chalapati
The text of my mail sent to Dhl regarding the damage to my goods is appended below . to date there is no satisfactory response.
Captain (Indian Navy) SV Chalapati (Retd)
Office: GM, NOVA Integrated Systems
Thapar House, Western Wing
124, Janpath New Delhi- 110 001
Residence: 102, Mahagun Mastro
Plot F-21A, Sector – 50, noida
Mob: 91 [protected]
Dated: 11th Dec 2008
Mr. D.S. Choudhary
DHL Packers & Movers (P) Ltd
#1&2, Madhu Complex,
Tumkur Road, Madanayakanahalli,
Madavara Post, Bangalore- 562 123
Subj: DAMAGE TO HOUSEHOLD GOODS TRANSPORTED THROUGH DHL PACKERS AND MOVERS PVT LTD
1) I would like to report the following with earnest hope that your reputed company will take the necessary action in a prompt and reassuring manner:
2) I transported my household goods from Bangalore to Noida on 25th Nov 2008 vide consignment note 1228 dt25 Nov 08.copies enclosed . An insurance cover of Rs. 1 Lakh was taken. An advance of Rs. 24, 000/- was paid at time of loading the luggage.
3) On 7th Dec 2008 at about 1600 hrs the luggage was brought by an open truck for delivery at my NOIDA address. The luggage was received in damaged condition. The details of the damages are elucidated below:
a) TWO STEEL TRUNKS containing valuable clothes were BADLY DAMAGED and were in open condition. The following are the highlights:
i) 7 Silk Sarees Missing
ii) 4 woolen sweaters (Gents) and a 3 piece woolen suit (Gents) missing
iii) Seven silk sarees, 1 ladies suit and stolle damaged
b) TWO CARPETS (ONE WOOLEN AND ONE BELGIAN) BADLY DAMAGED SOAKED IN SLUSH AND COVERED WITH FUNGUS
c) ONE WOODEN RACK BROKEN
d) 4 CURLON MATTRESSES TORN AND DAMAGED
e) TWO PAIRS OF SHOES MISSING from SHOERACK WITH PACKING OPEN
f) SCRATCHES ON MUSIC SYSTEM-LG with MICROPHONE DAMAGED
g) 3 WOODEN BOXES DAMAGED and CONTENTS safe
4) VALUE OF DAMGES / MISSING ITEMS:
a) i) TRUNKS 1200/- EACH TOTAL 2, 400/-
II) CLOTHES 7SAREES & SUIT TOTAL 20, 000/-
b) Carpets (i) Woolen (4, 000) Belgian (8, 000) TOTAL 12, 000/-
c) Wooden rack TOTAL2000/-
d) Mattresses TOTAL 4, 800/-
e) Shoes (Missing) TOTAL 600/-
f) Music System (to repair damages only) TOTAL 500/-
GRAND TOTAL 31, 500/-
5) I would like to highlight the following issues :
a) The matter was telephonically reported to you PM 07 Nov 08 and a conference call subsequently with the insurance people was organized by you. It was advised that the consignment was not to be signed for till the survey was completed.
b) The damages have been caused due to some accident and the damages are very intense
c) The trunks with clothes were in totally open conditions, crushed and clothes were missing from it.
d) The damages assessed by me were corroborated by the surveyors who surveyed the damage on 10th Dec 2008.
e) The value assessed by me of the losses is very conservative and real.
6) I request you to immediately take necessary action to make good the losses and arrange to reimburse the losses/damages.
7) You will appreciate that my relationship with you has been cooperative and cordial in spite of the negative response of your local office people in Gurgaon.
8) An immediate acknowledgement of this mail and the details of your action to make good financial losses are requested.
Thanks and Regards
Captain (Indian Navy) SV CHALAPATI (Retd)
NOVA INTEGRATED SYSTEMS
S V Chalapati
NOVA INTEGRATED SYSTEM LIMITED
A TATA-IAI Joint Venture
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
Add Company Information