Dish TV — Dishonest Practices

skp9163
On 26th March,2012 I was told by DISH TV helpline that my VC needs to be re-charged from 1st April,2012. They also confirmed that my existing pack was Platinum Pack for Rs 350pm.

I renewed online for 4 months on 26th March by paying Rs 1400 for 4 months . However, when I recieved the sms confirmation from DISH TV -it said that my renewal was done till 16th July.

When I enquired from your helpline, I was told that I was subscribed under Super Platinum Pack and not Platinum Pack, and that DISHTV has unilaterally changed me to Super Platinum Pack on October 2011(which did not include Star Sports bouquet). Since then, DISTV has been charging me Rs 40 extra for the STAR TV bouquet.

I clarified that I have ALWAYS been a subscriber of Platinum Pack, and DISH TV cannot change my Pack from Platinum Pack to Super Platinum WITHOUT TAKING MY WRITTEN CONSENT AND CONFIRMATION, and charge me extra for channels that were INCLUDED in the Platinum Pack opted by me (on and before 26th March 2012). The Platinum Pack was also clearly available as an OPTION on your website on 26th March 2012, and it included the Star Sports bouquet in the Platinum Pack details mentioned in your website. I have a screen shot of the related website page dated 26th March 2012 of the same available with me.

I have spoken to 4 different officials of DISH TV on 26th March, but NONE of them could clarify HOW a change from an existing PLATINUM PACK was made UNILATERALLY by DISH TV to another Super Platinum Pack. No written consent was taken by DISH TV beforeeffecting this chage. They advised me to write a complaint.

HOW, WHEN and WHY was my originally subscribed Platinum Pack (that included Star Sports) CHANGED to Super Platinum (which does NOT include Star Sports). Dish TV DID NOT inform me about the implications of the arbitrary change at that time and its content?

Why was my subscribed Pack (PLATINUM) changed without taking my consent or even any information? Is it an ethical practice?

Comments

I will give you the email id of Dish TV customer care, Just mail your concern there for quick resolution of your complaint along with your VC No, Address and Contact Number.

Email id: [email protected]