[Resolved] Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research University — Refund of Tuition Fee
Sub: - "Refund of deposit after Cancellation of admission of my daughter RASHMI in B.Tech through AIEEE[protected] at Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute".
I would like to draw your kind attention towards the following facts: --
1. My daughter, RASHMI, has been allotted E&I branch at Dr. M.G.R University, through AIEEE counseling. We reported there on 18.07.2008 and took admission after depositing a total sum of Rs. 53, 000.00 (Rupees Fifty Three Thousand only).vide provisional card No.3713 dated 18.07.2008. (AIEEE Roll No – 23109882 & Rank - 43499)
2. She has qualified for JCECE counseling also and has been allotted chemical Engg. Course at B.I.T. Sindri, Jharkhand on 06.08.08. She prefers B.I.T., Sindri as it is situated near our home town, Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand.
3. On 07.08.08, I e-mailed The Admission In-Charge, Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute to cancel admission of my daughter RASHMI and manage to refund my deposits as per UGC and AICTE norms. My deposit of Rs. 53000.00 includes my deposit of Rs. 15, 000.00 at the Counseling Centre. Same content was sent to The Admission In-Charge on 09.08.2008 by 'Speed Post.
4. Again on 19.08.08, I e-mailed The Admission In-Charge, Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute to cancel admission of my daughter RASHMI and manage to refund my deposits as per UGC and AICTE norms.
5. On 12.09.08, I e-mailed The Admission In-Charge, Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute to to raise the issue related to "Cancellation of admission of my daughter RASHMI in B.Tech[protected] & Refund of deposit" at Consumer Forum. Same content was sent to The Admission In-Charge on 15.09.2008 by 'Speed Post.
6. Now The Registrar, Dr. MGR University has asked me to come in person with original papers to fulfill the formalities for the cancellation of admission.
7. In a similar situation, my friend's daughter Laxmi went there and was forced to sign a no-claim paper before getting just Rs. 20, 000/- in cash out of Rs. 58, 000/-. In this situation I am not willing to go there.
8. I came to know about the Public Notice issued by Dr. K. Narayana Rao, Member Secretary, AICTE vide Advt.No.AICTE/Legal/04(01)/2007 and decided to contact AICTE authorities forguidance to get my deposit back from Dr. M.G.R. Educational & Research Institute, Chennai.
9. I have already written above facts to chairman & other authorities of AICTE. Copy of this request has been sent to Prime Minister of India & HRD Minister Govt. of India.
10. Till date I have not got any help or guidance.
Help me to get refund of my deposit of Rs. 58, 000/- as per AICTE guidlines.
F/O – Rashmi
Add: - Qr. No. – 3100
Sector- 4/F, B. S. City,
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
Add Company Information