DR.BALABHAI NANAVATI HOSPITAL — MEDICAL TRATMENT
RuRUPALI SAMEER JAIN
RUPALI SAMEER JAIN
W/o SAMEER TARACHAND JAIN
2A/ 211-212 RAHEJA CLASSIQUE,
OFF NEW LINK ROAD, NEAR INFINITY MALL
TEL:[protected] MOBILE: [protected]
Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital
S.V. Road, Vile Parle (West),
Mumbai 400 056. India.
Tel:[protected] Extn: 522
Kind Attn: Mr. R. Vartak-Vice President
- HR & Administrative Department
Ref: Patient Name: Mrs.Rupali Jain Patient O.P.D No.:13937
Sub: Compensation Request for recurring Medical Expenses
I undersigned Mrs. Rupali S Jain was admitted to your hospital on 06th Nov. 09 under
supervision of Dr. Yogesh Velaskar. Finally I opted for discharged as my body was swollen and I was uncomfortable with the treatment over the past 19days. During treatment I realized and analyzed following discrepancies and carelessness in treatment which further deteriorated my health;
Nanavati hospital did 2D echo 2 times, ECG. 19 times , X-ray 10 times , CT scans 2 times but did not mention clot anywhere, whereas I was admitted for breathlessness due to clot in heart .
1. I do not have history of Pulmonary Embolism. From where did they find I have history of Pulmonary Embolism? Even my doppler for both limbs report is negative, no clotting in blood. How could they mention as patient with history of Pulmonary Embolism? My APLA test was positive once & negative twice.
2. PTT tests not require frequently. But Nanavati Hospital did it every 6 hours, in fact 31 times in 12 days. Treating patient like machine or animal are they doing business?
3. When I was admitted, my HB was 10, in 7 days it came down to 7 due to 4 to 5 blood tests every day. Some of them were not required like PTT. Due to HB 7, they asked to receive blood from outside, so given me two bags of blood from outside & two bags of blood from my family members. What kind of treatment is this?
4. I was admitted for breathlessness due to clot in RPA (right pulmonary artery). The first most important action to be taken by them was to thrombolyse with ALTEPLEASE; but instead of doing that, they kept me on HEPARINS. My breathlessness increased and on suggestion & order from senior Dr. Hardas, they thrombolysed on day 5.
5. When I admitted my weight was 53 kg., after 4-5 days my legs started swelling in ICU & ascities started increasing. In daily weight check, it was increasing around half kg every day. Doctors did not even thought of giving treatment on this. Lastly, at the time of discharge my weight was 65 kg & was unable to walk due to gross ascites & too much swelling. In this condition doctor given me discharge.
6. Instead of giving treatment on swelling & ascites , they gave me treatment of
physiotherapist where on doing any exercise I used to be breathless and increased
pressure on my heart which is dangerous for me.
7. Before discharging, they did 2 D echo. But did not feel important to mention about clot.
8. Doctor used to visit everyday most of the times instead of checking, he just used to see file & ask me," how am I feeling? That is not the way of checking heart patient.
9. Due to 12 to 15 days in ICU, I was having motion problem. Instead of giving some syrup like duphalac, they used to give me enema where generally we lose minerals too.
10. Doctors were aware of my problem of (motion) constipation. I had small blood in my stool because of on bed all the time in ICU due to constipation, which many patients have. They did the stool test twice & the senior doctor visited just for the 2 minutes without asking me anything & seeing the report , he ordered his assistant for ( endoscopy tomorrow at 12 which was not required at all . I refused to do that & started taking the syrup with advice of one of my family member & never had problem of blood, does that means they do a business just for money & not for saving people's life.
11. Most important after thrombolysing, it is very much necessary to give clexane injection once or twice a day minimum for 7 days to 1 month, where doctor gave just three & stopped. He started with tab Warf 2mg.
12. Total 10 doctors visited & charged, but they did not do any teamwork with each other's advice, as we do not have proof of action to be taken.
13. Doctors did not give me tab Bozetan 62.5mg in hospital when I was admitted, after discharging , next day I started taking the tab as it was written on discharge summary . I called doctor up before taking the medicine. Doctor said "no problem, you can take" Next day morning I was breathless. The doctor from other hospital found I have hypertension on this medicine & stopped it. How can doctors suggest any powerful medicines without seeing its effects & side effects on the patients? And if it was that important why did he not give me this medicine when I was in the hospital, under his observation.
I would like to draw attention of all concern people, executive committee etc
to seriously investigate the treatment as I think lack of proper treatment cost me almost double expenses.
The total hospitalization cost of Nanavati Hospital was at Rs 316224/-
Due to improper treatment I have to shift myself to Kokilaben Hospital for undertaking
same treatment which cost me additional Rs 193215/-. I could recover only due to sensible treatment at Kokilaben Hospital.
Please treat the matter seriously and refund amount spent at Nanavati Hospital of
Rs.316224/- due to carelessness and improper treatment at your Nanavati Hospital.
If compensation sought is not paid within the period of further 10days, we will take the
matter to the consumer forum, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, State & Central Govt. Also this is final reminder to our previously complained letter on 23/12/09 and the only change is in compensation amount. Also note that till now we have not claimed health damages, if your organization does not take matter seriously and genuinely, we will claim health damages up to 100% with consumer court.
Mrs. RUPALI SAMEER JAIN
Cc:The Trustees of Nanavati Hospital
|1 Comment Updated:||Share0Tweet0Share0|