[Resolved] Electrolux 230 Ltr Frost Free Refrigerator — Refrigerator not working
SS K Khaund
The refrigerator was purchased on 28/12/03 and the machine is still under warranty.
1.The refrigerator stopped cooling in the lower chamber on 09/06/08 . I first contacted company call centre and thereafter as advised contacted company's authorised service service centre, M/s Royal Refrigeration, East of Kailash, Delhi[protected], [protected].
2. Complaint attended on 10/06/08 . Problem area identified as Defrost timer is not working and the same is replaced on chargeable basis.
3. The problem remains same and refrigerator totally stopped working
4. Complaint lodged again on 11/06/08 .
5. Attended on 12/06/08 and diagonised as Compressor is defective (jammed) .
6. Compressor replaced and gas charging done on chargeable basis on 13/06/08. Gas filled without any vacuumization which absolutely a wrong process.
7. After replacing the compressor also the lower chamber is not cooling properly.
8. Again lodged a complaint on 14/06/08.
9. Attended on 15/06/08 and informed that Bimettalic is not working and replaced.
10.On 17/06/08 Refrigerator stopped working & complaint lodged.
11. Attended on 19/06/08 and found the Defrost timer defective and replaced .
12. On 24/06/08 Refrigerator agains stopped working and complaint lodged.
13. Attended on 25/06/08 and informed that Compressor is not working and to be replaced.
14.Attended on 26/06/08 and confirmed that compressor is not defective but there was some problem while gas charging and gas charging done again.
15. Till date (28/06/08) regrigeartor is working fine .
It is observed that the knowledge level of the technicians are so poor that they are just unable to identify the problem and keep on trying with trial & error method causing great eal of difficulty to customer. No Service was made, even being demanded by us, after any of the visits made.
On the bills submitted no part /material no mentioned and also any tax amount.
Work process adopted is not at all a standard /prescribed one which as good as a roadside standard.
During the entire episode, the loss of food items translates to a few thousand rupees apart from the loss of time & effort and mental torture.
I have totally lost my confidence on the product and made up my mind not to go for ( also advising others ) any product in future from Electrolux Kelvinator.
I want my refrigerator to be checked by a competent person from the company itself only to ascertain whether any damage has been made by so called technicians from the authorised service centre during the process of fault finding and rectification.
Thanks & Regards,
S K Khaund,
F-45, Sarita Vihar, Delhi - 110076
Cell - [protected].
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020