[Resolved]  Exxon Oil & Gas Malaysia — Verifacation of job offer - Malaysia

I had got offer from Exxonmobil Malaysia Oil & Gas as Shift Engineer
JOB REFERENCE CODE : EXM/CO 690 – 1079 RC
I would like to verify from ur good office whether the offer is genuine and it comes Exxon Mobil Malaysia.They are offering me 4200 US$ as Basic Pay excluding other benits.Now I am in Saudi Arabia with my current employer, I gets confused regarding this and in that offer letter and thru mails they are also urging me to join soon, and for immigration they had given an immigration officer name, Ph.Nos & mail ids for my processing of visa . I just enclose here the address of HR Manager of EXXON MOBIL Malaysia and the Immigration officer address and the datas he sent for processing of my visa .
Positively I need ur help and I consider that this would be a valid one for my future career proceedings.I need ur reply soon since if your result is positive I will resign from my current employer and I have to migrate to India thereby I can pack up to Malaysia, since the employer urging me to be there before Aug 5 .
EXXON HR Address as in my contract :
James Frank.
Human Resources Manager EXXONMOBIL OIL&GAS MALAYSIA Menara ExxonMobil, Kuala Lumpur City Center50088 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
www.exxonmobiloil-my.com
Email: [protected]@exxonmobilmalaysia.com
Tel: +[protected].

IMMIGRATION OFFICER address : ( As in my contract )
Head Quarters of Dept of Immigration,
Malaysia, Level 3 ( PODIUM) NO:15
Persiaran perdana, Presint 262550
Putrajaya.
Contact Person :
Mr.Ramli Bin Kamaruddin( High Immigration Officer )
Tel: +60 –[protected]
Email : malaysian.[protected]@consultant.
Mail from the immigtation officer to me ( After my contact with him ) :
For the issuance of Malaysian electronic work permit visa, you need to fill the attach forms and send the following requirements via e mail for the processing of your Malaysian work permit visa which will take six working days.
1. Send your international passport (scanned in JPG format)
2. Send your contact address (Where all hard copies of your Malaysian work permit visa and contract letters will be send to)
3. Send signed copy of your contract appointment letter offered by your employer or invitee.
4. Visa fee $200(Two hundred USD) non-refundable.
5. Security deposit $750(Seven hundred and fifty USD) refundable on your arrival to KUALA LUMPUR AIRPORT MALAYSIA by the Malaysian immigration airport department.
6. Work permit fee $300(Three hundred USD). Non-refundable.
Send the total demand amount ($1250) through western union money transfer to the attention of ALEX WILLIAMS UKO our cashier and return the transfer slip through e mail.
After submitting the requirements to us it will only take six working days to get your Malaysian electronic work visa ready which we will to send your mention address via DHL courier service.
Best regards
Ramli Bin Kamaruddin
Tel: +[protected].
Malaysian immigration service.

I need ur help and ur ur reply as as possible since I get confused too much reg this and the time is also very short for me ( since still I m in Saudi )

Thanks & Regards,
Expecting for ur reply,
M.Shaik Allaudeen

Comments

I also got a mail offering job as Mechanical Engineer.
Hi mr.jose i m beleiving its a fake mail
Hi Dear
I also get same type of contract letter and electronic visa work permit application form, but as i think all such type of facilities regarding visa and others are been provided by the company itself who recruit you for the particular post and there is no any security deposit in such type of offer
i am also get lot of confusion but when u see thorrowly visa application there is lot of mistake as compare to orignal such as logo and others ...
I have received one too...Plz keep updated here if you get any further info about this. Thanks.
It's a fake offer. Too many handphone numbers. Illogical for a big company.
i also got same type of job offer for the post of SR. PROCESS ENGINEER IN EXXONMOBILE MALAYSIA. Agreement letter sent by Mr James Frank.
i also got reply answer from him about immigration details..
i am also very much septical about job offer since no interview or any postal correpondence carried out..
send me u'r suggestion...20th August for joining is too hasty...
I have also got same mail from Mr James Frank. For Maitenance engineer and offering 20, 700$ per month. Please send me advise.
It's a fake offer. Exxon Mobil won't ask you to pay to process your visa. They will do everything for you if needed. And some more, asking you to deposit money into Western Union should already raise high suspicion! If you check the email [protected]@exxonmobilmalaysia.com, the domain www.exxonmobilmalaysia.com does not exist! And, the email for the immigration office is malaysian.[protected]@consultant. Do realize that most Government body will have domain names ending .org or .gov. So this is definitely a scam! Please ignore and do not respond to such offers!
I also received the e-mail and I just answered their on-line interview now. I'm also wondering
why the process is being done without any recruitment agency from Manila? Anyway, I think
the best way is to verify it directly with the company. One thing for sure, If they would ask me
to send money, then it's a scam. Rule of thumb, if it's too good to be true, most likely, it's not true.
I recieved one too... asking no money up this time. I was sure it is fraud
please i still have same issues and this agency ask me to pay $965 for visa/work permit, pls i want to know if are real.from nigerai
salam to all. i recieved the same letter of confirmation and ask me for the payment. but my experience says that its a fraud and not the truth. they specially make fool the Asians, so be aware of that fraud.
if any improvement than plz update me
Naseer Ahmad
I also recieved the same email in exxon mobil i offer me 5, 500 USD. I'm not believe them and I send e-mail to my freind in England for sugguestion. Then, he's helping me to find a lot of complain and comment so i not continue the transaction..thank you to my freind (Kevin James) and you for posting a comment.. be careful in job scam..Watcharin Reelachart>>> Thailand
I also recieve the same email coming from Exxon mobil oil company malaysia level 68 menara exxon mobil kuala lumpur city center, 50098 kuala lumpur malaysia.is this true scam? how will i know if i have to continue or not pls answer me at my email add [protected]@yahoo.com
Verifacation of job offer - Malaysia
I had got offer from Exxonmobil Malaysia Oil & Gas as Inspection Engineer
JOB REFERENCE CODE : JOB REF: ARI 67/21564
I would like to verify from ur good office whether the offer is genuine and it comes Exxon Mobil Malaysia.They are offering me 7500 US$ as Basic Pay excluding other benits.Now I am in Iraq with my current employer, I gets confused regarding this and in that offer letter and thru mails they are also urging me to join soon, and for immigration they had given an immigration officer name, Ph.Nos & mail ids for my processing of visa . I just enclose here the address of HR Manager of EXXON MOBIL Malaysia and the Immigration officer address and the datas he sent for processing of my visa .
Positively I need ur help and I consider that this would be a valid one for my future career proceedings.I need ur reply soon since if your result is positive I will resign from my current employer and I have to be there before Aug 16 .
EXXON HR Address as in my contract :
Exxon Mobil Corporation (MOBIL OIL COMPANY)
Level 68, Menara ExxonMobil,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre,
50098 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Contact Person: Dr.Muhammad Bin Hashim
Email: [protected]@exxonmobilmy.com
Telephone: +[protected]

IMMIGRATION OFFICER address : ( As in my contract )
Head Quarters of Dept of Immigration,
DEPARTMENT OF MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Headquarters of the Department of Immigration, Malaysia (Ministry of
Home Affairs) Level 1-7 (Podium) Block 2G4, Precinct 2, and Federal
Government Administration Center and 62550 Putrajaya Malaysia
E-mail: [protected]@asia.com
E-mail: [protected]@accountant.com
Telephone: +[protected]
Contact Person: Mr. Rahim Bin Abubakar.

Mail from the immigtation officer to me ( After my contact with him ) :
ATTENTION:: Omar Nadhim Jasim,

We receive hard copies of your Appointment Letter (MOBIL OIL COMPANY) in Malaysia and also from HR Department.

The Head of recruiter of (MOBIL OIL COMPANY) has already asked us to contact you on requisite information required to process supporting documents that would aid your travel down to your duty location to resume duties in record time. However included here are details and information regarding procurement of your travel documents and other supporting documents.

Your Employer the head of Recruiter in (MOBIL OIL COMPANY) has mandated us to procure as well as process your relevant travel documents, immigration particulars and other supporting documents to facilitate your travel to Malaysia for commencement of work in due time.

With respect to the requirements and other supporting documents to be acquired, we wish to inform you the requirements which stated that all expatriates who intend to work in Malaysia. Must have attained all Visa/Residence Work Permit in various categories with respect to their contract engagements.

The Visa/Residence Work Permit will have to embrace the approval of your relevant information with the designated local agencies(Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Commerce and industry respectively).
The reason for the review of this policy as communicated by the expatriates with Letter of Contract/Agreement do not have to travel down to Malaysia for any other reason other than the primary aim of commencement of work as required.

The process of your Visa/Residence Work Permit will cost you the following:

1. Flight Ticket - (Will be paid by (MOBIL OIL COMPANY)

(a) Visa Application Form Fee- $55
(b) Commerce and Industry Fee - $75
(c) Foreign Affairs Fee - $100
(d) Expatriate Work Permit Fee - $105
(e) Entry Clearance - $100
(f) Residence Permit Fee - $110

Total = $545 (USD) (To be paid by you)

Please note that the cost of Prepaid Flight Tickets will be undertaken by your host Employer (MOBIL OIL COMPANY).

This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary work permit/Visa and registration of documents as we need to reach out to our contact for immediate procurement of your visa and other supporting documents in record time. Please do to security reasons Malaysia immigration never disclosed their supreme account to any individual or groups, that is why you have been advised to Send above Total Fee Strictly via western union information below to the Attention of our Accountant in-charge ACCOUNT NAME: Mrs NORHAYATI BINTI AHMAD

NAME ACCT: NORHAYATI BINTI AHMAD.
ADDRESS: Level 1-7 (Podium) Block 2G4, Precint 2,
Federal Government Administration Centre, 62550 Putrajaya.
STATE: Kuala Lumpur
COUNTRY: Malaysia.

Go to the bank and indicate your intention of sending a Western Union Money Transfer... Provide them with the details above, and then proceed to scan, attach and send transfer receipt via email to us along side with complete Filled Visa Application Form informing us that the transfer has been remitted.

This would enable us initiate procurement of your requisite documents which should be through within three Malaysia working days . After which documents (Hard Copy Agreement Letter, Contract Appointment Letter, Prepaid Flight Tickets and Visa inclusively) would be packaged and sent to you via DHL Speed Delivery to enable you travel down to your duty location to resume duties in record time... Indicate in your response, convenient hours to receive package on procurement to enable us make appropriate adjustments with DHL swift delivery . Please make sure your contact address are correct to avoid inconveniences.

You will be required to scan and send below require documents.

* Payment information and the information below in Subsequent correspondence;
* Complete filled Visa Application Form.
* An address reachable by courier services.
* Original International passport copy bearing applicant face;
* Two (2) passport sized photographs of applicant;

The endorsement will commence immediately we acknowledged your swift response.

IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT OF MALAYSIA,
Headquarters of the Department of Immigration, Malaysia
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Level 1-7 (Podium) Block 2G4, Precint
2, Federal Government Administration Centre,
62550 Putrajaya and FEDERAL TERRITORY.
E-mail: [protected]@asia.com
E-mail: [protected]@accountant.com
Telephone: +[protected]
Contact Person: Mr.Rahim Bin Abubakar.
MALAYSIA DE TOUR TRAVAL AGENCY.

Thanks & Regards,
Expecting for ur reply
Omar Nadhim Jasim
funny enough i had phone call first saying that we'll send you the agreement by email, go through the agreement, if you are happy sign it and send it back to us also send one copy to the Malysian embassy for visa approval. I still dont understand if its a scam and its been around for yrs, how come these multinationals are not taking any action against them
dear all

i also recieved the same email in exxon mobil i offer me 2500 USD im very happy because there is no money involve in the 1st transaction..but i search in enternet there is a lot of complain and comment so i not continue the transaction..thank you to all of you for posting a comment.. be careful in job scam..and in it I started working 31 january 2011
but what really, , ??? turns out I found many cases like this and maybe my most recent, because this month, thanks to all, ,
please very to the Exxon Mobil must crack down on cases like this, , !!!
From: <[protected]@exxonmobil-energy.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:29 AM
Subject: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
To:

26th July 2011

Attn: Sir/Exxonmobil Recruitment

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Exxonmobil Gas Malaysia industry leader or near industry leader
positions in major commodity businesses, and has substantial interests
in oil, gas,
liquefied natural gas.

At Exxonmobil Gas we’re looking for people who want to grow with us
around the globe, take chances and stand out from the crowd. We need
people
who embrace tomorrow, have vision, love stretching their minds and
going far beyond what they thought was achievable.To support our
operations
in Malaysia, we are seeking for and currently hiring professionals for
immediate employment in various fields of Oil and Gas, Engineering,
HSE, HR Managers, A & QC, Procurement, Cost Estimator, Construction,
Procurement, Instrumentation and Control, Geologist, Pipeline
Welders,
Electrical Technicians and Project Management Chief
Engineer, Stability, Assistant Driller, Sub Sea Engineer, Drillers etc.

We give equal consideration to all the resume we receive. If you are
looking for a nice and professional environment to work in that will
make your
career prosper then you have to come to the right place " Exxonmobil
Gas Ltd Malaysia".

REQUIREMENTS:
1. Candidate must possess at least a Graduate Diploma, Bachelors
Degree, Professional Degree or Masters Degree.
2. At least 1 year of relevant experience in the position you are seeking.
3. Technical competencies include good negotiation skills and the
ability to operate the technological tools as it relates to your
field, including
Microsoft software and on-line collection software, ability to make
independent decisions.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills include ability to create and
cultivate relationships, handle pressure & conflict and effectively
communicate &
work with both customers and internal sources.
5. Ability to work in a team environment.

BENEFITS:
(a)Competitive allowances and compensation package as obtainable in the
upstream Construction Industries worldwide.
(b) All contracts are meant to last for 24months (2years), and liable
to upward review on expiration of the contract engagements.