[Resolved]  Furniture from Akbarallys Furniture Centre — Delay in delivery of Sofa set

I had booked for purchase of my sofa set alongwith centre table during Times Interior Exhibition in Bandra Kurla Complex on 12th Oct'08. The same was to be delivered by 26th Nov'08. I had also paid the advance amount of Rs. 15, 000/- cash vide receipt no 22331.
I did not bother tham till 28th Nov'08. When I called up on 28th Nov'08 in the afternoon, nobody in the shop coould tell me the status of the same rather the person who responded ensured me that the same would definitely be ready and that he will confirm me the status on 1st Dec'08. However, I did not receive any call from them. I waited for three more days and called them back on 5th Dec'08. Again the same person responded and he caould not tell me the status of my order immediately. However, he called me back after an hour and told me that the same id ready only final polishing is to be done and that it would be delivered definitely on 9th Dec'08. Then, I did not get to hear anything from them. I again called on 9th Dec'08 morning. Mr Munna responded my call and said that he will tell me the status later. We had heated argument over this issue. He then reverted back and inforrmed that the final polishing still needs to be done and that the same would be delivered on Friday if I make the balance payment in advance.

I requested tham that I cant trust their words on basis of my experience and that they should deliver the same at my addresss and I will make the payment immediately if required in cash. However, he did not agree for the same. I said I wanted to speak about the same to their owner who is some "Khurakiwala".

He said he doesnot have his number and that I should talk to Ms Vijaylakshmi. When I called her up, she also did not agree for the same and said that I shall receive call from them the moment my order is ready.

Today when I called a few minutes earlier, I was told that the order is ready but they wont deliver the same till I go to their shop and make the payment.

As a cutomer, my complaint is that I feel being trated badly, My money was blocked and I never got proper response from them. Based on above experience why should a customer make an advance payment. It is not guaranteed by them that they will deliver the right product in proper condition. Also action must be taken against Mr Khurakiwala who is not willing to listen to any of his customer.

I seek your help in the same as quickly possible.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other