[Resolved]  Gati — Extra charge of money than mentioned in the invoice

Sir/Madam,

I have booked a cargo (7 cartons) with GATI Ltd. with respect to Docket no.[protected] dated 5th October 2010 from New Delhi. The cargo reached Ranchi on 11th October 2010. But, when it reached my home, the delivery boy asked me to pay Rs. 3192 as against Rs. 2592 mentioned in my docket (invoice). He showed me the copy of invoice, in which all figures were overwritten. He asked me to talk to Delhi office of GATI. When I talked to them, they didn't respond well. They said the fares increased due to Commonwealth Games, etc. and the guy who booked my cargo was unaware about it. I said it's not my mistake. I should pay what is written on my invoice. They compelled me to pay Rs. 3192 or else they wouldn't have delivered my cargo.

So, I want to launch a complain in the Consumer Court regarding this. I want the excess amount paid to be refunded and a fine from GATI for negligence and irresponsibility from their side. I have attached the copy of invoice (my copy and their copy) with this complain.

Thanks & Regards,

+91 71 2272 1477 [Customer Care]
    +91 40 2784 4284 [Head Office]
    +91 40 7120 4284 [Head Office]
    Gati-KWE Address
    Plot No.20, Survey No.12, Kothaguda, Kondapur, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 500084