[Resolved]  GM electric extension board — Non-professional attitude of HomeTown

1. I have purchased a 6 socket extension board [GM make - Item Code[protected] – 3057 Dual Line] from you Saharaganj, Lucknow Retail Showroom of Home Town vide cash memo no T12/16069 on 26/10/2008 for Rs 555.75 along with 3 other items [for Rs 310.25=Total being 866.00].

2. I installed the aforesaid gadget [extension board] in question with my Computer.

3. On its use I found it defective as the electricity current was getting disconnected at the slightest touch of my foot as it was kept underneath of computer table and was putting my computer at a great risk of spikes.

4. With the kind of defect, I considered the gadget as not useful and decided to return the same.

5. The defective functioning of the gadget was so irritating that I have also vouched that I will never buy GM Brand equipment in my life.

6. I disconnected the equipment from my computer and started using an alternate board till I find time to visit your showroom to return it, snatching some of my valuable time from my pressing business engagements.

7. On finding time to visit for the purpose of returning the gadget, I went to your showroom on 22.11.08 in the evening and the gadget was permitted into the showroom by Gate Pass No 4318 dt 22.11.08.

8. I met some reception clerks [you call them retail executive - but to me the workers without any authority are clerk]. They put the gadget to the test and found that it was defective.

9. They asked me that they will replace the gadget with another new one which I blatantly refused because I just didn’t wanted to take another chance with the brand and kill my time and energy like that.

10. I asked them to give me a credit note of the amount Rs 555.75 so that at any other time I may come and purchase anything else except GM equipment.

11. The reception Clerk showed his inability for that because there was some finer print written on the walls of the showroom stating the period for giving credit notes are 15 days. This clause was NOT WRITTEN on the reverse of the bill alongwith other 20 points of terms.

12. But when I insisted he summoned the Head Clerk – sort of man Managing the showroom [he was called as the manager], but he was also not having any discretionary powers and showed his inability.

13. In a terse language he told me either you take a new replaced one or you take back the old defective one back.

14. I refused to take both of his commands and told him you may keep both the things with you and my money also as you cannot issue me a credit note either.

15. Shamelessly he kept the defective gadget with him and I was shown the door empty handed.

16. Then I vouched that I and my entire friend circle will never come to Home town for any of the purchases in future. THIS IS THE BEST FOR THE VENTURE OF ‘FUTURE GROUP’ manned by so called management graduates [all hell bend to drag Indian companies into the hell with their non-professional attitude]

17. Again I came to know that how these big houses are earning profits by swindling money like that.

Comments

At the outset our apologies for the inconvenience you have faced. We appreciate your effort in reaching out to us.

We have recorded your feedback on the product purchased by you and have asked the concerned authorities from GM to visit us and sample quality issues if any so that necessary rectifications can be done .

We would be instructing our representative to personally handover the Credit Note at your residence by Tomorrow.

We signify our wish to have a continuing relationship with you. We would be glad to serve you every time at Home town

Request you to Kindly update your feedback on this website after the complaint is closed.
Yes, the very evening [I posted my review on this public domain], I got the CN. But it is really regretting that I have to go to that length for a petty matter like this, just because you all were infringing the right of a consumer and your workers responsible for the day to day business of your showroom acted in very non-professional way.
Whatever damage in my eyes to the reputation of your showroom has been done is done. And I hope you will go all out to add in your training curriculum that how beyond [business management] theory a customer satisfaction is achieved. And yes, also give your managers some discretionary powers beyond dotted lines...
I will use the CN within a stipulated period on one month from its issue [quite fair]. The matter is closed from my side.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other