[Resolved]  Godrej Penta Cool Fridge-GFP220S — COMPRESSOR FAILURE

We bought Godrej Penta Cool Fridge-GFP220S - ON 1/9/2006 and hardly 1 year and four months old firdge. Suddenly on Sunday 5/8/2008 stopped cooling. Same day we logged a comploaint wide 441560 and they confirmed that will come on Monday 6th. One Mr.Ganesh came after repeted calls around 3.30 and gave a big shock saying compressor is not working. Your compressor is under warrenty and will be changed but the Gas inside will cost around 900 and our service charges will be 350 you need to pay, that too in ADVANCE! Then only our service people will come. But he was not ready to give any receipt, so I did not pay.

Then he updated his boss Mr.Rajagopal and he replied very cool and casually (Fridge is not at all cool!) it will not be possilbe till THURSDAY, since there is some internal training is going on.

When I asked for the Head office number, he said they did not have. Also I contracted the call center and asked for the HO number, where in after a long discussion the lady gave the number (got it from her boss) Mr. Prasanth of Godrej.

When I called, he was telling a different thing saying there are some shifting and new service centre is coming up in Tiruvanmiyour and call will be attended ater two days. After expaining the problem, when I asked for the HO contact, he said they will also call me and tell to attend that's all. So I will 100% ensure that they come and correct the fridge today - 8th without fail. But till now nothing happend. Around 4 I received a call from Mr. Rajagopal saying that the vehile where the mechanic came has some problem, so they will come tomorrow.

I called Mr. Prasant and asked did he do any followup with regard, then he said will check and come back. But just sent a SMS to my mobile and asked to cotact on Mr.Moses. After a long try, when I called Mr.Moses, he very casually asked what's the matter. He did know even that I will be calling. So I told him to call me back after checking with Mr.Prasanth, aslo once again explained everything, but he called back and said sorry nothing can be done now. Mr.Prasanth not able to reach.

I need a guidance to this problem, my mental agony and torubles for the past 4 days having with my GODREJ Fridge.

Thanks and regads
MD Srinivasan
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 23:42:27
Complaint comments  1 CommentShare0Tweet0

Comments

I would like to state that upon my complaint to your goodself
vide my email letter dt 18/03/2009, one of your representatives, Mr
Sheetal visited my house on 19/03/2009 to check my refrigerator. I told
him that the fridge is neither making Ice nor giving adequate cooling causing
spoiling of vegetables and food items. But even before checking the
fridge he started to demand service charges of Rs.350/=.I once again reiterates
that the fridge had started giving trouble soon after its purchase and I had
been urging the company’s agent Salesman Manoj Sahu-879 to replace
the defective piece.> But he did not do so and some how dragged the time of one
year .I had purchased > the fridge for Rs.22500/=which is not a small amount. Now
this fridge has become dud for me. This was not so when Godrej had its
reputed household name. Now your sellers and agents have become greedy and very
lethargic providing the company a bad name. Please do not send such greedy
representatives to my house who first demands money and does nothing to rectify the
instruments. Such agents and representatives will definitely bring bad name
to the once reputed company. I do not want to hand over the case to the
consumer court or to publish stories of your company in the press and hope that
defective piece will soon be replaced by your goodself.
I have now come to a conclusion that
this refrigerator is having a manufacturing defect and it can never work
satisfactorily and hence I can no longer keep it with me and keep facing problems
every day. As such, I request your kind honour to look into the matter and either
take back the product and refund the cost of the refrigerator or
immediately replace it, failing which, I shall be left with no option but to file a
case with the DISTRICT CONSUMER FORUM for not only refund of cost but
also for the monetary compensation for unnecessary mental agony, tension and the
losses that I had to suffer from the date of purchases till date.

Thanking you and looking forward for an early decision. If my
request is not acceded to within 10 days from the date of receipt of this mail, the
matter would be taken up with DISTRICT CONSUMER FORUM.

Yours truly,