[Resolved]  Godrej/ Refrigerator GFE26DY — Wrong Product Delivery

In the month of January 2008, the Kolkata dealer of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd (Block- GN, Sector- V, Saltlake City, Kolkata-700091), visited my house with a door to door exchange sale. We booked a freeze, Ac and microwave oven. The refrigerator we booked was 305 litres (model GFE 32DY), in exchange we offered our BPL Refrigerator. The cost for the new refrigerator was Rs 23600 only, and as we were offering an exchange, the cost became Rs 18100only. We handed them three cheques of Rs 500 each as advanced payment for the three items. Within two days the refrigerator was delivered and the rest of the balance of Rs 17600only was paid in cash. Initially we were not able to immediately understand that the model and capacity of the giver refrigerator was both wrong. The refrigerator model dispatched to us was of capacity 263ltr (model GFE26DY), of cost not more than Rs 15000 without exchange offer (so with exchange I assume the cost to be Rs[protected]. I immediately informed the sales man Mr. R. N . Chatterjee, Ph no. [protected] with the details, but no one responded. Ultimately I spoke to Mr. Bhargab Chatterjee (Manager- contract sales), intially he denied such a mistake, then he asked to speak to him later. I was offered Rs 1900 as compensation and was asked to keep the refrigerator. I refused and asked for the replacement as ordered. Mr. Bhargab said he will take action in a few days. In a few days I found that the two cheques handed over to the salesman for AC and Microwave had been returned through courier. but after that they stopped all further correspondence and never contacted us to replace the refrigerator.
I have tried to contact them several times but have recieved no response. I have paid money for a more expensive refrigerator of higher capacity which I never got. Instead have been given a cheaper and low capacity refrigerator for a higher price. I would like to have the refrigerator which I have ordered and for which I have paid money.

Arup Mukherjee